My family and I spent the last few days of our trip to NZ in this hotel. We had a two bedroom apartment which was very well fitted out (two bathrooms, washer/dryer, full kitchen etc) although the decor was a little tired and a lick of fresh paint in our rooms wouldn't have gone amiss.
The actual hotel is an old government building and it is beautiful - there is a small swimming pool, gym and spa so everything you could need really.
Location is A1 - smack bang in the centre of the city and within walking distance to everything. Staff at the hotel were attentive and helpful and we are glad we chose to end our trip here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Christchurch is a long way from the Mediterranean - nevertheless, the opulence of an Italian High Renaissance Palazzo awaits you at the Heritage Christchurch. Designed by Joseph Clark Maddison and opened in 1913, the hotel is listed as a category one building on the Historic Places Trust Register, reflecting its status as a building of national significance. The hotel's grand design is fitting: after all, Christchurch is regarded as the Garden City, and is regarded internationally for its culture and refinement. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Heritage Christchurch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Christchurch Hotel Christchurch
- Christchurch Heritage Hotel