Easy to find in a strange city as its located in Cathedral Square which stands out on a map, being at an angle to the street grids. Set down & pick up can be fraught as hotel is on a shared street frontage. Everything in the city is within walking distance, including free roadside parking beside the parks so no need to pay at the hotel. Adjacent ex-Gov building has the excellent hotel restaurant which does an excellent breakfast.
30mins free internet access a day in reception an added benefit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Christchurch is a long way from the Mediterranean - nevertheless, the opulence of an Italian High Renaissance Palazzo awaits you at the Heritage Christchurch. Designed by Joseph Clark Maddison and opened in 1913, the hotel is listed as a category one building on the Historic Places Trust Register, reflecting its status as a building of national significance. The hotel's grand design is fitting: after all, Christchurch is regarded as the Garden City, and is regarded internationally for its culture and refinement. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK) and Odigeo so you can book your Heritage Christchurch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Christchurch Hotel Christchurch
- Christchurch Heritage Hotel