Heartland Hotel Cotswold
US$100
TripAdvisor
US$271
US$222
All reviewstudor stylecoach tourgrand pacificnew zealandpapanui roadseparate bedroomfirst floormin walkoff street parkingnice roomcity centrecomfortable bedslast nightsouth islandshort stayheaterbath
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We enjoyed a lovely, warm and comfortable stay! Our room was cosy, warm and spacious.

We had dinner in the restaurant, Tudors. We were informed that it is their new menu and were absolutely delighted with our choice of meal, the Canterbury Merino Lamb Shoulder - it was delicious and quite different, highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Maree W, General Manager at Heartland Hotel Cotswold, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Virna

Thank you so much for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. Yes, we have recently changed our menu and I do agree the Canterbury Lamb is delicious. Our wine and food selections have a "Cantabarian" focus and include herbs and fruits from our onsite edible garden.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in “The Garden City”.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Room 812. Very good size,included couch by window. Small fridge good amount of long life milk. Welcome piece of fudge and good amount of specialist teas.
Issues has a in room power fuse switch which continued to blow when the heater and lights were on. Had to reset several time or turn off the heater to make a coffee. Raised it with hotel so hopefully it will have been fixed for the next person. Good quality toiletries and plenty of towels.
Couple of service issues. 1) they thought I was booked for one night so rang asking me to leave the room, was actually booked for two nights when I checked no apology or explanation. 2) on check out I raised the fuse issues no acknowledgment or apology for inconvenience. Smallish issues but significant.

Room Tip: Try and ask for one at the back of the complex.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Maree W, General Manager at Heartland Hotel Cotswold, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Emma1963

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. I am glad you enjoyed the room and our offerings in particular the homemade fudge.

Thank you for bringing the fuse issue to our attention to avoid another guest having the same experience. I apologise that you were inconvenienced during your stay. I would also like to extend an apology for the lack of concern the staff showed when you raised the issues.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Heartland Hotel Cotswold when you are next in Christchurch.

Kind Regards Maree Welgus

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Have been here in May '14, stayed in June ' 14 and will stay again! Space and comfort inside rooms exceeded my expectations. Really quiet being a city hotel and so much space to move around. A must visit is the Restaurant/Bar.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear DawnAmbadan

Thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and dining experience.

I have shared your comments with my team. We look forward to welcoming you back to Heartland Hotel Cotswold when you are next on this side of the Southern Alps.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Stayed here as part of a group. Very quaint hotel resembling a tudor inn. Rooms were very large and sparse. I had a connecting door which I was able to open, revealing another door to the room next to mine. I didn't try to open it because I could hear people inside. However I did lodge a chair against the door in case someone wandered in during the night. The hotel is spread out quite a bit and my room was a long way from the restaurant and at the back. The bathroom was great with a heated towel rail. Was lovely getting out of the shower and having a nice warm towel. Meals were very good. Very sobering driving around Christchurch and seeing the remnants of the earthquake.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank roselilycat

Dear roselilycat

Thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor. The hotel is in an excellent location and I agree the rooms are large and spacious.

Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Thanking you Maree

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stopped here twice recently. Rooms spacious, clean and comfortable if not a little austere. Could have done with second mirror in living or bed room. A few paintings or decor to brighten up dark finish would help. Fold out stand for bags would help as existing built in one doesn't enable bags to open back. A little far from the central area but that is understandable given the situation in CBD. Overall, a nice hotel - just some minor issues.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear richmojp

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. Your comments are much appreciated.

I hope we can accommodate you a third time when you are next in New Zealand.