I've haven't written a review before, but I was SO IMPRESSED with the George hotel I had to write one. We stayed here for one night at end of July as a last minute decision - and I am very glad we did. This has to be one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in, and I have stayed at some of the most famous / luxury hotels worldwide.
The service and rooms at this hotel are faultless, from the welcome coffee brought to your room to the special touch of a complimentary teddy bear and chocolates in the evening. Everything was well considered and I would 100% recommend this to anyone considering a stay in Christchurch.
Also, if you dine in the ground floor restaurant - the cheesecake dessert has to be one of the best desserts I've had in a very long time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The George is the essence of supreme comfort. Its 53 spacious rooms are designed with a stylish eye for detail, complete with luxury amenities. With a one-to-one ratio of staff to guests, impeccable service is guaranteed. In 2013, 2012 and 2010 it was recognised as ‘New Zealand’s #1 City Hotel’ in Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards, was New Zealand’s Leading Boutique Hotel’ 2006 – 2010 & 2012 – 2013 in the World Travel Awards. The George offers discerning travellers superb comfort and individual attention in an intimate ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Agoda and TravelUp so you can book your The George Christchurch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The George Christchurch Hotel Christchurch
- The George Hotel Christchurch
- George Hotel Christchurch