Just stayed here recently. I must say this hotel currently is the best hotel in Christchurch. After the earthquake, many other hotels are closed.
Its a nice hotel, intimate reception area, bar, and lobby.
The room is spacious, bed is comfy, and simple design. Balcony is overviewing the garden in front of the hotel. I like it.
The staffs are truly helpful. We asked about what can we do in Christchurch, they assisted us for a day trip to Akaroa, a neighboring town, since there was nothing really to see in Christchurch currently. Way to go guys...
We tried to have dinner at Pescatore, and it was great... Try the banana caramel as your dessert, it was fantastic...
Anyway, it was a pleasant stay for us, even though we experienced an aftershock at 4.9 Richter Scale on the first night... Go stay here when you're in Christchurch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The George is the essence of supreme comfort. Its 53 spacious rooms are designed with a stylish eye for detail, complete with luxury amenities. With a one-to-one ratio of staff to guests, impeccable service is guaranteed. In 2013, 2012 and 2010 it was recognised as ‘New Zealand’s #1 City Hotel’ in Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards, was New Zealand’s Leading Boutique Hotel’ 2006 – 2010 & 2012 – 2013 in the World Travel Awards. The George offers discerning travellers superb comfort and individual attention in an intimate ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The George Christchurch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The George Christchurch Hotel Christchurch
- The George Hotel Christchurch
- George Hotel Christchurch