From the moment you step inside, you feel that they are there to take care of you. Service is impecible, I had hardly walked in the door of my room when the phone rang offering me a tea or coffee which got delivered to the door within minutes of having hung up.
The bed was soooo comfortable and the bathroom is spacious and luxurious. I did have a problem with the inbuilt buttons to flush the toilet. They were particularly difficult to push in, even my husband mentioned the fact.
We dined in both of their restaurants and was completely impressed by food quality and service. 50 Bistro offers yummy food with a twist and is reasonably priced. Pescatore is another whole experience. I recommend you book as they are popular.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The George is the essence of supreme comfort. Its 53 spacious rooms are designed with a stylish eye for detail, complete with luxury amenities. With a one-to-one ratio of staff to guests, impeccable service is guaranteed. In 2013, 2012 and 2010 it was recognised as ‘New Zealand’s #1 City Hotel’ in Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards, was New Zealand’s Leading Boutique Hotel’ 2006 – 2010 & 2012 – 2013 in the World Travel Awards. The George offers discerning travellers superb comfort and individual attention in an intimate ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The George Christchurch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The George Christchurch Hotel Christchurch
- The George Hotel Christchurch
- George Hotel Christchurch