We just stayed at The George Hotel in January on our way back from Queenstown on route to the Eagles Nest, Bay of Islands. The George Hotel is a regular stop over for us when travelling through the south island and always provides a superb level of personal service which includes a complimentary "George" bear as a gift. The reception staff are professional and always friendly, and the hotel is situated opposite the stunning Hagley Park. However, what really sets this hotel apart are the two amazing restaurants, Pescatore and Bistro50. The Pescatore restaurant is a true dining experience and offers unique tasting menus. The tasting menu also has options for matching wines from the hotels superb wine list and i have found this a great way to discover new wines. It was following my last visit that i decided to write this long overdue review for this truly first class hotel and restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The George is the essence of supreme comfort. Its 53 spacious rooms are designed with a stylish eye for detail, complete with luxury amenities. With a one-to-one ratio of staff to guests, impeccable service is guaranteed. In 2013, 2012 and 2010 it was recognised as ‘New Zealand’s #1 City Hotel’ in Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards, was New Zealand’s Leading Boutique Hotel’ 2006 – 2010 & 2012 – 2013 in the World Travel Awards. The George offers discerning travellers superb comfort and individual attention in an intimate ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The George Christchurch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The George Christchurch Hotel Christchurch
- The George Hotel Christchurch
- George Hotel Christchurch