We had the pleasure of staying at his hotel for March 7-9, 2013. The city of Christchurch has been damaged by a serious earthquake in 2011 and the downtown hotels were destroyed which limits the number of hotel choices. Fortunately, the George is located about a mile from the downtown epicenter of most of the damage.
From the check-in to the decor and furnishings of the hotel, we could not have been more pleased. The rooms are very new and well-appointed.
We ate at the on-site restaurant and were very pleased with the selection, service, and food quality.
The location is excellent to experiencing the Botanic Gardens that are across the street. This is one of the finest gardens and parks in the world. I believe the picturesque park is larger than Central Park in NY.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The George is the essence of supreme comfort. Its 53 spacious rooms are designed with a stylish eye for detail, complete with luxury amenities. With a one-to-one ratio of staff to guests, impeccable service is guaranteed. In 2013, 2012 and 2010 it was recognised as ‘New Zealand’s #1 City Hotel’ in Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards, was New Zealand’s Leading Boutique Hotel’ 2006 – 2010 & 2012 – 2013 in the World Travel Awards. The George offers discerning travellers superb comfort and individual attention in an intimate ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The George Christchurch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The George Christchurch Hotel Christchurch
- The George Hotel Christchurch
- George Hotel Christchurch