This is a charming place to stay and is a gem of a boutique hotel.
The great things can be said of the service and rooms.
The hotel personnel are affable and very communicative/attentive.
The price is reasonable and I would recommend others to stay.
The only drawback I faced was the room that was assigned to me.
It was close to the lobby and I being a light sleeper was frequently awakened by the door to the lobby being opened and closed. Hence for other visitors, I would recommend that you ask for a room further away from the action.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The George is the essence of supreme comfort. Its 53 spacious rooms are designed with a stylish eye for detail, complete with luxury amenities. With a one-to-one ratio of staff to guests, impeccable service is guaranteed. In 2013, 2012 and 2010 it was recognised as ‘New Zealand’s #1 City Hotel’ in Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards, was New Zealand’s Leading Boutique Hotel’ 2006 – 2010 & 2012 – 2013 in the World Travel Awards. The George offers discerning travellers superb comfort and individual attention in an intimate ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The George Christchurch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The George Christchurch Hotel Christchurch
- The George Hotel Christchurch
- George Hotel Christchurch