We booked here then received an email from The George advising of potential "traffic issues" around their hotel. We rang and asked for an assurance that the traffic would not result in noise problems. Despite asking quite specifically twice, no assurance could be given. So we cancelled our booking. We had no intention of staying at The George if there were going to be noise issues. The George now refuses to refund our money.
I am sure they will reply to this posting with the same "excuses" and "compromises" they sent to us. Quite frankly the traffic issues and potential noise were there problem, not ours.
We are a very unhappy customer.
My advice to you is to be very careful about making a booking here. They don't understand the concept of customer service at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The George is the essence of supreme comfort. Its 53 spacious rooms are designed with a stylish eye for detail, complete with luxury amenities. With a one-to-one ratio of staff to guests, impeccable service is guaranteed. In 2013, 2012 and 2010 it was recognised as ‘New Zealand’s #1 City Hotel’ in Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards, was New Zealand’s Leading Boutique Hotel’ 2006 – 2010 & 2012 – 2013 in the World Travel Awards. The George offers discerning travellers superb comfort and individual attention in an intimate ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Booking.com, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The George Christchurch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The George Christchurch Hotel Christchurch
- The George Hotel Christchurch
- George Hotel Christchurch