I'm probably not the best reviewer for this place as I don't normally stay in hotels as fancy as this. The 24hr check in saw us here, the service was great (although perhaps due to our arrival hour we missed our free arrival drink), the wifi worked in our well-appointed room and I could see the view from the rooms could be great (ours overlooked some hotel utilities). All the lights are touchpad operated except for the towel rail in the bathroom, which we couldn't turn off (the towel rail probably doesn't need it's own light!) so that was annoying, the door to the bathroom was frosted glass so there was no avoiding that light! One thing we didn't realise was our gift of George the bear, who has his own blog. What a great gimmick! We left early the next day so didn't get to experience everything the hotel has to offer but enjoyed our stay and the facilities anyway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The George is the essence of supreme comfort. Its 53 spacious rooms are designed with a stylish eye for detail, complete with luxury amenities. With a one-to-one ratio of staff to guests, impeccable service is guaranteed. In 2013, 2012 and 2010 it was recognised as ‘New Zealand’s #1 City Hotel’ in Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards, was New Zealand’s Leading Boutique Hotel’ 2006 – 2010 & 2012 – 2013 in the World Travel Awards. The George offers discerning travellers superb comfort and individual attention in an intimate ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The George Christchurch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The George Christchurch Hotel Christchurch
- The George Hotel Christchurch
- George Hotel Christchurch