Lovely hotel this. Staff were very welcoming, the hotel looks lovely and is in a good location, close to a really nice park. Room had a balcony overlooking the park area. Very much a boutique hotel, with artwork on the walls and contemporary styling. We ate at the hotel in the evening. I found the food excellent, thou my husband said his steak was slightly tough. However the hotel then went out of their way to make up for this, offering to cook another meal, and didn't charge us for it - and really it was only a slight criticism. Anyway, I would wholly recommend this hotel. Having good wifi acess and free was a real benefit.Parking was easy. There is a courtesy bus running into town and to airport, though we didn't use it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The George is the essence of supreme comfort. Its 53 spacious rooms are designed with a stylish eye for detail, complete with luxury amenities. With a one-to-one ratio of staff to guests, impeccable service is guaranteed. In 2013, 2012 and 2010 it was recognised as ‘New Zealand’s #1 City Hotel’ in Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards, was New Zealand’s Leading Boutique Hotel’ 2006 – 2010 & 2012 – 2013 in the World Travel Awards. The George offers discerning travellers superb comfort and individual attention in an intimate ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The George Christchurch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The George Christchurch Hotel Christchurch
- The George Hotel Christchurch
- George Hotel Christchurch