The George Christchurch
Tuscana Motor Lodge(Christchurch)
Hotel Carlton Mill(Christchurch)
Bellano Motel Suites(Christchurch)
View Hotel
At The Right Place(Christchurch)
View Hotel
Colombo in the City(Christchurch)
1,491 results
All reviewsteddy bearpescatore restaurantsmall luxury hotelpark suitenew zealandturn down servicehagley parkjunior suiteheated floorslovely hotelbeautiful parkour honeymoonavon riverbotanical gardensvictoria streetsouth islandnice room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 February 2014

The George was fantastic, first rate customer service and the concierge was very helpful with any questions or directions we needed. The room was beautiful and they had excellent food for dining in the evening. We only got to spend 2 nights there but after the first night would not have minded spending an additional night there to see more of Christchurch's rebuilding efforts. Loved the whole concept of George bear and will be taking him on other trips in the future. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Christchurch. Cathy and Mary

Room Tip: All the rooms where good, we had a double non-smoking room. As for view ,your right in the middle of the city and that is usually what you see out your window.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
TheGeorgeGM, General Manager at The George Christchurch, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Cathy and Mary,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our service levels, rooms and food. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and are glad George Bear is in good hands.

Thank you again for taking the time to post this review.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

The George sets high standards and achieves them. Guest rooms are thoughtfully and immaculately appointed with facilities that go beyond the norm. This is a highly enjoyable place to stay. Breakfast, however, is a ‘could do better’.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank theinspectorcalls
TheGeorgeGM, General Manager at The George Christchurch, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear theinspectorcalls,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding our room facilities and standards. We have noted your comments regarding our breakfast offering and will continue to work on this aspect.

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

This hotel is really charming. The rooms are very nicely done with an nice upscale bathroom. The food was also very good. What really set this hotel apart was everyone we dealt with here was so very nice. They really went over and beyond to be helpful. We were only here one night and I wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
TheGeorgeGM, General Manager at The George Christchurch, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Dear Croeh,

We are delighted you found our rooms, bathrooms, food and service lived up to your expectations. Above and beyond is the attitude we continually aim for with our staff and I am extremely glad that we delivered this for you during our busiest time of the year.

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

It really doesn't matter what you're looking at: rooms, bathrooms, attitude of staff, location - The George is superb.

Of course, as there is no perfection, there is always room for improvement. However, it's hard to think of any suggestions here.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear fcapm,

We appreciate your compliments on our rooms, bathrooms, location and staff attitude. We continue to strive for the always elusive perfection and are very glad that you found us to be lacking in any obvious areas for improvement.

Thank you for taking the time to post this review.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I have stayed at the George Hotel on several occasions and cannot rate it high enough, from the time you walk in the door I was welcomed by genuine staff, then once I had settled in my room I received a call and asked if I would like a complementary drink. At around 6.00pm Rose came to turn down my bed and gave me a bottle of water, a George Teddy Bear and chocolates, what a lovely person and an asset to the Hotel. I am very particular about where I stay and I believe that the George Hotel is faultless from the attention to detail in the rooms to the quality of the furnishings, cleanliness, extras in the bathroom and room presentation. My stay at the George was so enjoyable that had to tell as many people about this fine establishment as I could.
I have travelled the world and stayed at all the big brand hotels which may have a size advantage and feel like a factory however The George made me feel like a VIP from the time I arrived until the time I departed. What made the George stand out from the rest was not the customer service it was the OUTSTANDING customer service and attention to detail. To all of the staff at the George I thank you, you simply took my breath away. I will be returning soon.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great however the Park View Suite is amazing
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Graeme H

Dear Graeme H,

Thank you for your wonderful comments on everything from our facilities and service to the attention to detail we focus on every aspect of our operation. It is the continued satisfaction of our regular guests like yourself that motivates us to continually strive for perfection. We really appreciate your loyal support and look forward to welcoming you back to The George on your next visit.