Stayed at The George a couple of week ago and can't rate the place highly enough.
The staff are superb- absolutely nothing is too much trouble for them.
Lovely room - spacious, modern ( perhaps the light switchboard controlling the whole room a tad too modern and confusing!) and always impeccably clean.
Foyer and lounge are really intimate, trendy and luxurious.
Fabulous food - superb breakfasts and beautiful bistro cuisine in the evenings.
Will definitely return - thank you to everyone there who made our stay so memorable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The George is the essence of supreme comfort. Its 53 spacious rooms are designed with a stylish eye for detail, complete with luxury amenities. With a one-to-one ratio of staff to guests, impeccable service is guaranteed. In 2013, 2012 and 2010 it was recognised as ‘New Zealand’s #1 City Hotel’ in Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards, was New Zealand’s Leading Boutique Hotel’ 2006 – 2010 & 2012 – 2013 in the World Travel Awards. The George offers discerning travellers superb comfort and individual attention in an intimate ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The George Christchurch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The George Christchurch Hotel Christchurch
- The George Hotel Christchurch
- George Hotel Christchurch