This hotel is absolutely charming. Great staff, great atmosphere, lovely spacious rooms with all mod cons, and a lovely restaurant with a fabulous menu. The hotel is in a great location just a short walk away from the cathedral and on the Penguin bus route to the Arctic Centre. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at The George in Christchurch and hope to return one day. One lovely gesture was George the teddy who was given to our 9 year old daughter and who's now made the trip across the world to the UK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The George is the essence of supreme comfort. Its 53 spacious rooms are designed with a stylish eye for detail, complete with luxury amenities. With a one-to-one ratio of staff to guests, impeccable service is guaranteed. In 2013, 2012 and 2010 it was recognised as ‘New Zealand’s #1 City Hotel’ in Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards, was New Zealand’s Leading Boutique Hotel’ 2006 – 2010 & 2012 – 2013 in the World Travel Awards. The George offers discerning travellers superb comfort and individual attention in an intimate ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The George Christchurch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The George Christchurch Hotel Christchurch
- The George Hotel Christchurch
- George Hotel Christchurch