We had only one night in Christchurch and selected The George for the location. Location was great, across the street from North Hagley Park and walking distance to everything else we were interested in visiting.
The staff were wonderful throughout and really added to the experience.
The outsdide of the hotel is quite underwhelming but we really enjoyed our contemporary room (we were upgraded to a junior suite) and surprised us when they delivered a complimentary fruit bowl after we arrived. We didn't try the restaurants there, but they seemed to be quite busy on a Friday evening. We would definately return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The George is the essence of supreme comfort. Its 53 spacious rooms are designed with a stylish eye for detail, complete with luxury amenities. With a one-to-one ratio of staff to guests, impeccable service is guaranteed. In 2013, 2012 and 2010 it was recognised as ‘New Zealand’s #1 City Hotel’ in Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards, was New Zealand’s Leading Boutique Hotel’ 2006 – 2010 & 2012 – 2013 in the World Travel Awards. The George offers discerning travellers superb comfort and individual attention in an intimate ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The George Christchurch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The George Christchurch Hotel Christchurch
- The George Hotel Christchurch
- George Hotel Christchurch