We stayed at the George over the weekend, and it is a beautiful hotel. Rooms are lovely and the bathrooms very spacious with heated towel racks and floors ( it does get cold in winter). We ate at the ground floor bistro and also had breakfast in the hotel, and found both meals very expensive. At breakfast, the selection is very limited with supermarket yoghurts and a small fruit selection - for such a boutique hotel, you do expect a better standard. Staff were very friendly and the location is good, opposite a beautiful park and a few blocks into the centre of town. I am likely to give another hotel a try next time I am in Christchurch. Again, no free wifi - when will hoteliers give up on charging for this - it is infuriating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The George is the essence of supreme comfort. Its 53 spacious rooms are designed with a stylish eye for detail, complete with luxury amenities. With a one-to-one ratio of staff to guests, impeccable service is guaranteed. In 2013, 2012 and 2010 it was recognised as ‘New Zealand’s #1 City Hotel’ in Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards, was New Zealand’s Leading Boutique Hotel’ 2006 – 2010 & 2012 – 2013 in the World Travel Awards. The George offers discerning travellers superb comfort and individual attention in an intimate ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The George Christchurch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The George Christchurch Hotel Christchurch
- The George Hotel Christchurch
- George Hotel Christchurch