A great hotel with really friendly staff. We stayed on 24 and 25 Dec nights, and were thrilled by the christmas treats (truffles, Twas the Night before Xmas poem, teddy bears with xmas hats etc!). It was a lovely touch and proved this is a modern hotel with a heart.
We also commented that it looked like it had been designed with women in mind - great lighting in the bathroom, lots of cosmetic products and lots of soft furnishings!
The free internet terminals in reception were also great given we had travelled for many days without free internet access.
We ate in the downstairs restaurant (the less fancy one) and the food was incredible! Our five course christmas dinner was faultless and accompanied by great wine. The service was a little confused but I attribute this to one of their busiest days in the restaurant and would still recommend it,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The George is the essence of supreme comfort. Its 53 spacious rooms are designed with a stylish eye for detail, complete with luxury amenities. With a one-to-one ratio of staff to guests, impeccable service is guaranteed. In 2013, 2012 and 2010 it was recognised as ‘New Zealand’s #1 City Hotel’ in Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards, was New Zealand’s Leading Boutique Hotel’ 2006 – 2010 & 2012 – 2013 in the World Travel Awards. The George offers discerning travellers superb comfort and individual attention in an intimate ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., LateRooms, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The George Christchurch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The George Christchurch Hotel Christchurch
- The George Hotel Christchurch
- George Hotel Christchurch