We stayed at The George Christchurch for 4 days in January 2011. We had a room on the first floor, overlooking a beautiful garden. The room was great, with floor-to-ceiling windows, nice bathroom with heated floor, and of course, George the Bear waiting for us to take him home (they leave one teddy bear in each room for you to take home as a souvenir - nice touch, my daughter loved it!) The hotel is quite simple, nothing fancy, but with good service and attentive staff. Its location is great, right in front of Hagley Park and a 10-minute-walk to the CBD. I recommend it to anyone visiting ChCh, it is truly a nice and quiet place to spend a couple of days. I would like to take this opportunity to send my love and prayers to The George staff and to the people of this beautiful city, take care and be safe. Thank you for your hospitality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The George is the essence of supreme comfort. Its 53 spacious rooms are designed with a stylish eye for detail, complete with luxury amenities. With a one-to-one ratio of staff to guests, impeccable service is guaranteed. In 2013, 2012 and 2010 it was recognised as ‘New Zealand’s #1 City Hotel’ in Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards, was New Zealand’s Leading Boutique Hotel’ 2006 – 2010 & 2012 – 2013 in the World Travel Awards. The George offers discerning travellers superb comfort and individual attention in an intimate ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, LateRooms, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your The George Christchurch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The George Christchurch Hotel Christchurch
- The George Hotel Christchurch
- George Hotel Christchurch