“Pleasent staff Good facilites”

Sudima Hotel Christchurch Airport
Ranked #21 of 144 Hotels in Christchurch
Brisbane, Australia
“Pleasent staff Good facilites”
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Close to airport with friendly staff on hand to pickup at 1am in the morning and to bookin . Comfortable rooms and great value for money.

Room Tip: If arriving late see if you can get a ground level room
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 8 July 2012 via mobile

I arrived 9pm after booking online a week earlier and securing with a credit card number.on check in I was told I had to pay for the room on check in as that was company policy. I explained I had never had to do this in the many hotels I have stayed in and got the same line from the cold uninterested receptionist. She then advised I had to prepay for my breakfast. After I reluctantly agreed she then advised I had to pay a 3.5% fee to pay by credit card which I have also never experienced, again I was told it was company policy. My vehicle was also almost towed away as the receptionist failed to advise that if I didn't have a car park ticket I would be towed away, I was advised this by another guest. The breakfast that I was forced to prepay was cold and horrible. Trust me stay at "the copthorne commodore hotel" it's another 30 second drive and much better. When I complained the next day the receptionist was uninterested and said the same thing about the company policy. DON'T STAY HERE!

Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Adam N
, Manager at Sudima Hotel Christchurch Airport, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
Dear Adam N

Thank you for your feedback. I am concerned about a number of the comments you have made.

The only way you would have been asked to prepay for breakfast was if you had in fact ordered it as a part of your on line accommodation booking.

On this basis it becomes part of a package with breakfast at a discounted rate. Unless you have a pre-arranged chargeback arrangements in place we do require guests to prepay their accommodation package.

If you had brought your dissatisfaction with your breakfast to our attention then we would have gladly refunded the cost to you and I am still happy to do this if you would like to contact me directly.

Payment by credit card attracts a surcharge of 1.5% not 3.5% as you have claimed.

Your car was certainly not 'almost towed away' as you have stated - we do this as a very last resort however the requirement for you to obtain a parking permit is well sign posted and usually reinforced by the receptionist on check-in - my apologies if this did not occur on this occasion. I am disappointed you didn't receive the warm and friendly service that we frequently receive positive feedback for, from our front office team, and we have discussed ways of better handling the issues of pre payment and credit card surcharge for the future.
Invercargill
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Arrived 1am from long flight. Room freezing cold, only one blanket no spares. Very old run down hotel, expensive compared to other places around NZ. Only 1 soap and 1 shampoo in bathroom for 2 people. Heater could not be adjusted. Was too tired to do anything at that time of the night. Told reception next day, just said you should have called us. Not good enough, this is a disgrace to the tourist industry, especially Christchurch where they have had a hard time and need to have hotels that look after their guests. Only stayed here as it was closest to airport, guess they know this is a selling point and most people only stay 1 night. Very expensive for a shabby old room. Thankfully moved onto a lovely warm welcoming Hotel for the next few nights elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GVH232
Dear GVH232

Thank you for your comments.

Please contact me directly so we can discuss the points you have raised more fully.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 1 July 2012 via mobile

Close to airport with 24 hour shuttle from airport. Clean, warm but expect a walk to get to room as mostly on one level. Great value for money transit hotel.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Ozstars
, Manager at Sudima Hotel Christchurch Airport, responded to this review, 5 July 2012
Dear Ozstars

Thank you for your comments. I am pleased you found the hotel convenient and also value for money.
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Everything from when I arrived until I left after an overnight stay was a pleasant experience. My check-in was friendly and efficient, my room welcoming and comfortable, The ambiance in the bar and restaurant is positive.

Room Tip: Sorry, no idea. Allocated room.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank MerlinBlaise
Dear Merlin Blaise

Thank you for your comments. I am pleased you found staying with us a pleasant experience.
new zealand
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Stayed here for one night due to our flight being cancelled. Great pick up/ drop off service. The room was a bit smelly due to it not being used or not aired. Great location to airport, check in very good only one night, so we can not give too many other details.

Room Tip: Great location for air port could not get better,700 mtrs.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, Manager at Sudima Hotel Christchurch Airport, responded to this review, 6 July 2012
Dear dicke-nz

Thank you for your comments. I am pleased you found our location convenient and you appreciated our 24 hour free courtesy shuttle. Hopefully you left details about the room smell with our housekeeping team so they could investigate the cause.
Comet, Qld
Reviewed 28 June 2012

This was a bit of a shock to the system after 3 weeks of staying with friends and in Youth Hostels where you get to meet and talk to people from all over the place. Definitely not our sort of place. It was recommended by a travel agent and I can understand why. It is spitting distance to the airport and runs a courtesy bus to an from there as required.
No complaints about the staff, they were fantastic. It's just the impersonal nature of large hotels that we don't really like.
We ended up staying 2 nights instead of one so we could visit a cousin in Christchurch. I'm not sure what the staff thought when we left the room as we were finishing our food and wine and had a lot of rubbish to dump before taking our flight home. Perhaps they are used to that but maybe they don't have a lot of self caterers so they might have been wondering just how hungover we were.
Needless to say, since we had all the leftovers, we didn't eat at the hotel so can't comment on the food there.
Summary: A convenient location with cheerful and helpful staff but not an intimate atmosphere.

Room Tip: I can't imagine that any of them are very special.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Goannas
Dear Goannas

Thank you for your interesting comments. I am pleased you found our location convenient and our staff cheerful and helpful.