“Would go back again.”

Ranked #57 of 1,006 Restaurants in Christchurch
Price range: US$11 - US$18
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Buddha Stix on Riccarton Road, is a place to feel special - enjoy the finest Asian cuisine in eye-catching style. Buddhas Stix is the perfect stop over for a cocktail and a snack before a show, or stay for a nights worth of great food and company. You'll find a warm welcome and dishes from all over the Asian continent - plenty from Thailand, but splashes of flavour from Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia and China.
Hokitika, New Zealand
“Would go back again.”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We dined early, got amazing service form the staff. Drinks and entree arrived very quickly. Mains were a seafood curry, which was amazing and sweet and sour which was very good. Dined with a companion who had never tried shelling a curried prawn with a spoon, sorry about the mess, hope you found the prawn. Thanks for a memorable dining experience.

• Korean first
Christchurch
“Just keeps getting better -our great local”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We visit this restaurant apprx 3 monthly, and it keeps getting better. Pluses are that the menu and flavours seem to get better, the BYO wine continues, and service is great. Portion sizes are ok and speed of service is fast. Cons are few - prices have risen a lot above inflation over the past 4 years and it is often hard to get a booking (both are factors that are in common with most restaurants in Chch)

Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“deliciousness at Buddha Stix”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

definitely worth going here, very popular but the staff are very helpful and arranged us a table at short notice.

Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
“Food tasty, but they need more staff.”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We dined on a Friday night, at the 6pm sitting, which meant we had to vacate by 8pm. The food was nice, not memorable, and the wait staff were very busy with such a full restaurant. We enjoyed our meal but it would have been better had we had better table staff. The girl who served us was obviously very inexperienced as she kept returning to check on what we wanted, even though she had written it down - three times! Then we had to leave for the next lot waiting at the bar. We enjoyed the meal, but improvements in the staffing would help a lot.

Midhurst
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Reasonable food but let down by terrible service”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

As a family we went to Buddha Stix to celebrate my birthday. Whilst the food was reasonable (I've had both better and worse for the price) the service was truly abysmal. I've been living for 25+years in Europe and when I do manage to come home I find the informality of people endearing...to a point! However I think my 90+ year old mother and father find being called "mate" and "youze guy's" (sp) somewhat disrespectful...and I'm not sure why my order for a green curry was "awesome". The Victoria Falls are awesome...the Taj Mahal is awesome...an order for Thia food is just that...an order for Thia food.
Unfortunately our waitress then left the restaurant after serving the meal and we just got forgotten. After waiting 20 minutes to have our table sided away I ended up waving at the manager to get someones attention. When the bill eventually arrived the manager tried to over charge us $30 (my sister and I are of the old school and we can add up in our head). She grudgingly agreed to change the amount but went away to serve other customers, again leaving us sitting at the table. In the end I simply left the right amount of cash on the front desk as we walked out.
I suggest the owner thinks long and hard about how they train and manage their staff because they are simply not as slick and professional as they should be.