Airport Gateway Motor Lodge
Academy Motor Lodge(Christchurch)
Airways Motel(Christchurch)
Airport Birches Motel(Christchurch)
1,336 results
All reviewsmotor lodgeonsite restaurantthe shuttle drivernext morningwake up callfree shuttlelate flightlast nightbedroom unitrental carafter midnightgreat rooman overnight stayelectric blanketsgreat place to staynew zealandwould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Great little unit. Nice, clean and comfortable. Provided us with a portacot for the wee one even without requesting! Staff friendly and helpful. Park and fly was a huge comfort, know our car was safe while we went on holidays. Transfers to the airport was also very helpful. Recommend to everyone staying near the airport/Christchurch.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I have now stayed twice at Airport Gateway Lodge Christchurch - once overnighting before an early flight and most recently because it was handy to the start point of the Christchurch Airport Marathon. Both times I've been in the newer part of the complex which is well appointed in a generic airport motel kind of way. Really like the kitchen area - well designed and equipped.

The heat pump wasn't working and we realised it was on a maintenance schedule when the guy turned up on our second day to repair it. It would have been nice to have been informed by reception staff as it was cold, and there were empty units around us, so we may have been able to be in one with working heating. (To be fair though, there was also an oil heater so we weren't going to freeze.)

Both times I've eaten dinner in the restaurant - once was good, once was okay. The second time there was quite a short menu with several choices unavailable.

I have no hesitation in recommending this place although I do think the customer service standards could do with a little boost. No "good morning" when we checked out, straight to "anything from the mini bar?".

Overall a good stay and would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My partner and I stayed here for one night, we stayed in an executive suite. The room was poorly designed as with the kitchenette doors open you could not open the bathroom door. The woman at the front desk offended us right from the start with an insensitive stupid comment. As we were booking in she looked at me and my girlfriend and said "Oh, this room only has one bed in it" Yes lady same sex couples rent rooms too! Wouldn't stay there again or recommend. Everything in the room had a little LED light on it so it was like sleeping under a Christmas tree!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Excellent size of room, well appointed bathroom, kitchenette. Warm, comfortable and although on the main road side was quiet.
Transfer to and from airport was an excellent service. Leaving my car there,safely off the road and not visible from the road was a bonus.
Staff at check in were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I stay here every month and find the new rooms excellent. Can be a little road noise however, but with windows shut you don't hear it. Very comfortable, the biggest issue I have is the internet connection. It needs an upgrade I think into a more usable from. The Hub Mall internet in the mall is fine and works well, why doesn't the one at this motel. Beats me!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business