“Just like stay at home...”

Airport Lodge Motel
Ranked #38 of 146 Hotels in Christchurch
Reviewed 23 November 2012

We booked a motel with one room but was offered with two bedroom motel without additional cost. Maybe its just luck for us or wrongly assigned. Anyhow, the motel was very big with individual heater, complete cooking facilities, dvd player etc even with heated blanket. Very close to the airport and many car rental depot in walking distance, so you don't need to call a taxi after return your van or car. Their free shuttle is after 7:00 am but they still can arrange a taxi if you need to go early to airport.

The staff is not many there especially after hour, so if you required a late check in please let them know early.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 November 2012 via mobile

Thanks to Jetstar, we flew into ChCh late one night and needed a place to stay before our drive to Marlborough. This place was one of the only to cater for 4 individual beds, so we booked. While it was expensive for what it offered, they pick you up and drop you back to the airport - which was appreciated.

We stayed here for approx 9 hours. Decor is average, but the amenities are good for a quick stay. Try and get a good rate - but if you need a place to stay in transit or close to the airport (with shuttle) then give it a go.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 13 November 2012

I chose this motel because the accommodation I normally use was full
I chose this one because it was relatively close to the airport and provided free airport transfers
I checked into my room and ttold the Asian gentleman manning the desk that my son would be arriving on the 11.45pm flight that night and would be requiring a transfer.
I was told , no problem, , ensure he rings the 0800 number and he would be picked up
My son duely arrived at the airport and rang the number which automatically went to an answering machine saying please leave a message which he did.
After waiting 5 minutes without hearing anything rang again and again an answering machine,.
Another 5 minutes went by with the same response.
My son , in desperation then rang me on my mobile , woke me up and I had to pick him up in the middle of the night in a strange city.
When we returned to the motel the courtersy van was still parked there!!!
When I questioned the same staff member about the answering machine , he apologised and said they had forgotten to turn the phone over !!
He then offerred to arrange a wake up call for our early morning departure the next day..no thanks..I'm not going to risk it thanks and we made our own way back to the airport
Whilst this motel is clean it is very old , tired and well worn
You can do much better elsewhere

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 November 2012

What a great location to stay in Christchurch when going International, car parking no problem, rooms great, location, great, service very good, staff very good. Hosts couldn't have done more, rooms to delivery to airport - nothing was a problem. Kiwis are great hosts.

Room Tip: Just ask what you want.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2012

I used this motel when arriving in Christchurch. Due to the fact that all took very long at the customs, I was not able to use the free airport shuttle at arriving because it was after 2 am in the morning.
The beds are good and the motel is clean. I had room 11 which was next to the loundry, that was not the best room because the cleaners where a bit loud early in the morning, so only 4 hours of sleep. When you have another room, this will not be an issue.
When I left and asked to bring me to the camper rentel instead of the airport that was not problem and got there with the shuttle service for free, which saved me another taxifare.

Room Tip: Do not take room 11 it is next to the loundry.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Chris v
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Note to previous reviewers; the super-friendly lady who picks-up we tired travellers from CHC airport is the delightful Katrina, or Kat!
Her van was waiting, as promised, outside the airport (btw, if she's not already there, she's only a free-call away using the touchphones at the airport entrance), we had a chatty bus full of folks on the way to the motel, and then she cheerily looked after us all at reception; then we were all housed quickly for some shut-eye.
Noting we are light sleepers, Kat put us in a room further from the entrance, it was very comfy, spotless, warm. The decor is a bit dated, but the rooms are spacious&quiet, it was all we needed and very good value, plus close to the airport.
A previous reviewer claimed the frontage resembled a toilet block, but all I could see from the road was the glorious large tree over the lawn&gardens, with the magnificent red foliage - beautiful!
The breakfast menu offered didn't look enough for us, so for a substantial hot brekkie with great coffee, Kat instead recommended a fantastic, bustling cafe only 5 minute's walk down the road, called Terra Viva, and we loved it, especially the service from lovely Karma. We went twice, we liked this place so much!
Happy to recommend this motel, and we will stay there again. Special thanks to Kat for looking after us on our first night in gorgeous NZ!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank D M
Reviewed 18 September 2012

We stayed here for our last night in Christchurch. We had a one bedroom with plenty of room for three adults - which allowed us to spread out and repack. Very nice kitchenette with everything we needed. Definitely clean. Had extra pillows (which is always nice). Quiet area. Furnishings are a little dated but still a nice stay. Wish they offered free wifi. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends