Airport Lodge Motel
US$98
US$88
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Argyle on the Park(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$82
All reviewsfree shuttlebit datednext morningearly flightseparate kitchenafter midnightovernight stayfull kitchenbedroom unitmin drivelate checkoutelectric blanketsshuttle serviceclean tidylast nightbeds were comfortablegreat shower
Reviewed 12 May 2013

This motel appears to cater for a lot of Airport travellers.. though you would expect that being only 3ks or so away from the airport. The staff are excellent and in particular the shuttle bus people.. all hours of the night and still smiling. If you are doing a before 7am flight you need to arrange a taxi.. the front desk will do this for you. I have found the Gold Band (get yourself a 10% discount card from the front desk) people also arrive on time.

The rooms are of well kept and very clean .. though they do appear a little dated. Beds are comfortable.

Sometimes it is a little noisy with late night arrivals and the noise of their bag wheels on the tar.

Room Tip: Rooms down the back are little quieter.. away from the street. Though not much traffice later in the night.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank DDSWM
Reviewed 3 May 2013

i needed a room in Christchurch, a base to get my head down between arriving late and an early departure. The large airport hotel was not a cost effective option. A google search led me to finding the Airport Lodge Motel, I am so glad i did. I booked a room for a couple of nights over the phone and was told about the free airport pick up even for my arrival at 1.30 in the morning!

I landed from my flight from and called the freephone number. A friendly lady answered and told me she would be with me in ten minutes. I was picked and was at the Motel after a short 8 minute drive. I was handed my keys and offered a wake up call for my early departure. As the complimentary shuttle was not available until after 7am the lady booked me a taxi.

I arrived at my Motel room, the light and heater were on ready for my arrival.
The room was very spacious and comfortable, Yes the decor is a little dated but the room was spotlessly clean, tidy and had everything I needed. There was even fresh milk in the fridge for the morning. The room I had consisted of a spacious lounge/dining room with table sofa reclining chair and TV, DVD player. There was also a fully equipped kitchen with fridge oven, stove top, microwave toaster - actually everything you would ever need and more. The bedroom had a double and a single bed and after flying all day I had a hot shower and headed to bed.

My taxi arrived right to my room at the requested time and took me to the airport - NZD$11

I was away for the day up in Nelson and when I returned called the freephone number for another lift back to the motel. Wayne answered the call and told me his vehicle licence plate so that I could keep an eye out for him as the pick up area was a lot busier than my last night. 20 minutes after landing I was back at the Motel.

My room had been cleaned and refreshed thoroughly whilst I was away. Wayne arranged a wake up call another taxi and even offered to take me to get some food from the take aways that he suggested which are a ten minute walk away.

I will be honest I was slightly hesitant about staying at this Motel as usually stay at larger international hotel chains. However the service that I received from Wayne, Shirley and their staff was second to none. If I find myself ever needing affordable accommodation in Christchurch again I would not hesitate to stay at the Airport Lodge.

Thank you.

Room Tip: I Stayed in Room 10, quiet nights sleep, would happily have stayed longer had i needed to
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank travellingtomtom
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Not impressed at all for the price. Bedroom furniture chipped and tatty. Net curtains in bedroom torn, main drapes not connected at one corner to the track, net curtain on lounge door torn and needed a wash. Grubby marks on the most uncomfortable couch. Screws in the wall where something had obviously been hanging. No outside light working from lounge.
Admittedly we did not book just called off the street as previous accomodation fallen through, receptionist not over friendly gave us the key and some milk and pointed us in the general direction, had no double rooms but said she could give us a 2 room unit for $168. Silly us we should have taken a look first and would not have stayed. Overpriced for the condition of the place. Had stayed at a backpackers in Wanaka with much tidier better appearance for less than half the price. Only stayed 1 night thank goodness.

Room Tip: Check what you are paying for before committing yourself
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gail P
Reviewed 25 April 2013

We stayed for two nights and were very comfortable in our room. The motel is an older style but our rooms were clean and larger than most modern motels - we had a bedroom, living room, kitchen and bathroom. The price for our breakfast was very reasonable and we were able to cook our own toast and make our own tea when we were ready to eat. There is no restaurant at the motel but the receptionist recommended one at another motel down the street that was perfect for us. Our only criticism was the lack of parking signs - we were unable to park our car at our door when we arrived because visitors to another room had taken it. The spot was eventually free about 10pm. I would recommend a sign stating that visitors cars must be parked at the space near reception. Overall we were very happy.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tasgenie
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Turned up and thought all was promising: nice rooms, kitchen was good, bathroom a little to be desired but very big for the price. However, we thought we'd lost our camera and asked the owner if he had CCTV for us to check who was around our room just in case. He said he'd been meaning to install it but hasn't yet. So security is not great here. (We hadn't lost our camera, by the way, but that's not really the point.)

Price, good; location to airport, good; security and helpfulness owner; left wanting.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple