Adorian Motel
  • Restaurant
Free cancellation until 02/06
US$103
Hotels.com
Argyle on the Park(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
US$84
Free cancellation until 31/05
US$287
US$221
All reviewsspacious studio roomseparate kitchenminute walkwithin walking distancesupermarketshowerrenovationmicrowavewifi
Reviewed 26 September 2013

found the staff unfriendly more interested in getting our money than helping late arriving travelers.parking is very limited and our room was upstairs by a old wooded stair case . This was the lowest standard motel we stayed at. Room was reasonable size and clean .wife did not like the bed neither did I.Very old needs upgrading as not all the rooms can be used.I did walk into town from there. Wi Fi at charge.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Nothing much to tell...what you need is there, and that is about all to say about this rather boring, basic motel. Good for those on limited budget. We found that food and groceries were in the neighborhood but with limited choice available. The place is clean and the lady very supportive though.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2013

We stayed 2 nights in this cosy place. Its small but well maintained, kitchen is self sufficient and the hostess is very friendly. The location is central with grocery stores, restaurants and the city center located very close by. It is value for money and I highly recommend this place to families planning a trip with budget in mind

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vowie
Reviewed 26 November 2009

My husband and I stayed here on the last night of our honeymoon, as a cheap crash pad before flying home the next day. We stayed in unit 8, which is upstairs.

Positives:
The motel is within walking distance of the city centre, not right on the doorstep but still close enough if you have a bit of time up your sleeve. There is free onsite parking as well as plentiful street parking. There is a supermarket, an ATM and some takeaway outlets around the corner (including a very good fish & chip shop). The rooms are equipped with everything you need, including a kitchen, and the heater kept us nice and warm at night. Everything seemed to be clean. The staff were very helpful, although the office was unattended when we were going to check out (at 10am).

Negatives:
I don't want to be too harsh but I need to make some honest observations. When we first got up to our room, my first impression was 'dark and dingy'. The room had an unpleasant musty smell, and the fittings and furniture were very shabby, dated and unappealing. The bed sagged in the middle and so did the floorboards under the vinyl floor in the bathroom. The street was very quiet but not exactly in the nicest part of town.

Overall:
I would be reluctant to stay here again, mainly because the rooms were so unappealing. We stayed at 14 different hotels/motels on our trip and this one was my least favourite. The motel could use a major refurbishment or redecoration to make it more appealing to customers. It's probably fine if you want a cheap place near the city, but I would actually be willing to stay further out next time in order to get a nicer room.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ReadyForMyNextTrip
Reviewed 14 September 2009

I've stayed at the Adorian Motel since my parents first took me to New Zealand back in 1990. It doesn't claim to be anything more than a nice cheap motel close to town. I love the location of the Adorian which is close to the centre of Christchurch. The rooms are clean yet basic for the standard traveler.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with friends