Belle Bonne Motel
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Quest Christchurch(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
US$88
Argyle on the Park(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$111
US$85
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewscovered parkingprivate parkinggreat showerfull kitchenstay there againnext morningfree wifimotelairportheatingcitysupermarketapartment
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Rather tired motel, old room décor. Was close to the airport and within walking distance of restaurants but I thought rather overpriced in comparison to other hotels I stayed in in the area. Staff were friendly and good wifi. But I wouldn't stay here again at the price I paid.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank worldtravellersussex
Elizabeth S, Owner at Belle Bonne Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

My dear friend,
Thank you for your comments about my motel. We took over this business on the 6th of June 2013. I am very happy you like the location , close to airport and the shopping center and food courts. It is very important you like our friendly service and good WIFI.
We are improving our facilities in many ways. Our price is cheaper comparing with other motels in Christchurch. It may be true that the motel price is higher in Christchurch due to the shortage of houses as earthquake repairing work is still going on.
You are most welcome to stay again and mention you have stayed before then you can get a good discount and a small gift.
Regards!
Elizabeth

Reviewed 2 June 2013

$195 a night for a 2 bedroom unit. The fan heater could not keep the place close to warm. This is a very tired old motel. Have to say I felt completely scammed by the individuals who left good reviews and the management who clearly know better. As I reread other reviews there is a pattern here of motel owner defending a shoddy old relic. I will never trust "Qualmark" ratings again. The appallingly poor condition of this antique shouldn't garner a rating from rating agency no matter how much some motel owner has paid for it. I left in a hurry, little sleep, having been cold, curled in a warped old musty mattress. I got a poor nights sleep because a greedy motel owner scammed me. Find a better place to stay... You have been warned! I stupidly did not pay attention.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Dolphin323
Elizabeth S, Owner at Belle Bonne Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. Belle Bonne Motel is under the new management since the 6th of June 2013. We have been 90% occupied since we took over last year up to the end of April 2014.

Belle Bonne Motel is not 5 star motel. However, it is a solid, cosy, clean and comfortable motel with all cooking facilities. It is quite economic for large families or group bookings compared to other accommodation prices in Christchurch.

Belle Bonne is in a good location. We are close to the airport, shops, and restaurants.

Since taking over the property, improvements have been made to the property.

There are also many promotions, specials, and discounts to take advantage of. We hope to welcome you to our property again soon.

Reviewed 5 May 2013

Following my previous review (months ago) I received a phone call today from the business owner. He started by saying that I had left something at the hotel and continued by saying that my "lies" on tripadvisor were "absolute sh**". He added that I was a "low life" and how dare I leave a bad review.

So add to my awful experience of a dusty, smelly room, a verbally abusive owner who feels that it is okay to personally attack people. It seems that the days of real customer service are gone and we are left with business owners who think that swearing and name-calling is the way to deal with disagreements.

I couldn't be more disappointed with the whole experience at the Belle Bonne Motel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank K B
Reviewed 7 April 2013

We recently stayed 6 nights at Belle Bonne and found the unit ideal for a longer stay. The unit was quiet and roomy, it was very clean and tidy and all amenities were provided to ensure our stay was most comfortable. The full kitchen is certainly a bonus, along with the fast Wifi and excellent service. The only complaint we had was that the proprietor was a bit slow delivering the complimentary morning paper.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank christines081
Spinner19_12, Manager at Belle Bonne Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Thank you for your complimentary comments. It was a pleasure having you both stay with us .
We look forward to seeing again next year on your South Island tour.

Geoff & Heather . Owners.

Reviewed 13 February 2013

We stayed 3 nights, 3 adults and 2 kids. We found the place very homely and nice. Service was excellent. Trampoline and swings were enjoyed by our kids and the balcony was great size.

It was everything we needed and we found it very reasonably priced.

We stayed there Feb 2013.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Mm N

Thank you R.Tina from Croatia, we are so pleased you enjoyed our facilities and wrote such an honest review. Please tell your friends how much you enjoyed your stay with us.

Geoff , the Manager.