“Nice lunch but...”

Cafe Raeward
Ranked #85 of 978 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Cafe, New Zealand, International
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Nice lunch but...”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Meeting friends at this café, table had been booked and I was the first to arrive.
There was a guy busy seating and organising people who completely ignored me but he was busy so I waited, he still ignored me so I approached and asked if there was a table booked for Rachel, he checked his list and replied "Yes, happy days" and walked off, leaving me standing in the middle of the busy café! Unbelievable, rude man!
Both of the friends I was meeting are regulars here and when one of them arrived and asked for the table booked under Rachel he greeted them, found the table and was now very friendly.
If I wasn't meeting friends I would not have stayed for lunch, I have was blown away by how rude this man was, I had never been before and I will not go again.

Visited August 2014
5 Thank Tracey M

Ashburton, New Zealand
“Freshest food in town”
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

This cafe is a must and leave enough time to browse Raewards wonderful selection of produce. A colleague and I recently enjoyed a delicious lunch which was well presented and served promptly.

Visited July 2014
Ashburton, New Zealand
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This cafe is great to visit. Very near the airport and with plenty of parking. Not only is the food very tasty, the shop has a great selection of meat and vegetables. A good selection on the menu and the helpful staff. Bookings are recommended.

• Visited July 2014
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Christchurch Airport essential stop!”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Whenever I have to pick anyone up from the airport, I always allow time to take them to the Raewood Fresh Cafe, the coffee is perfect, the staff and friendly and the food never disappoints!
From a wide range of cabinet food to menu options, you won't be disappointed.
The staff are always welcoming and fun to deal with.
There's a small kids play area also to amuse the little people in our lives.

• Visited March 2014
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
“Great Intro to the city”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

After collecting a camper van my mum and I stopped in here for breakfast. The service was fantastic, the staff were very friendly and the food delicious. Very glad we spotted this on the way to collect our van!

• Visited February 2014