Shunyata Health Retreat / Day Spa
US$113
Travelocity
US$287
US$256
All reviewsdiamond harbourmorning yogaamazing journeyhealing processenlightening experiencenga mihidays nightsbedroom windowparuozonesaunaclaritynourishingnourishedpamperedsacralunblocked
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I had a wonderful experience of Shunyata’s ‘Ultimate Bliss Retreat’ – it definitely lived up to its name!
The Journey experience and ‘live in’ counselling have assisted me to heal, discover my true self and to live each day with a smiling happy face.
The meals Paru prepared were amazing, my appetite and love of food has now returned after months of uninspired and dysfunctional eating.

Paru, you are an amazing woman and I thank you for your time, wisdom and healing hands.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
paru_12, Owner at Shunyata Health Retreat / Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

Was so gorgeous to see you dive into your true self and let behind the story. You made me
remember why I love my work. Love to you.

Reviewed 13 March 2013

It was a wonderful experience at Shunyata. Paru gives of herself 110% and is a very wise and charismatic woman. I did the detox/liver cleanse and found that my mind was also 'detoxed' whilst spending time with Paru. Paru's passion and skill of passing on the best of what she has discovered on her own journey is very evident.

I highly recommend this unique experience, particularly in a world where time is money. It is completely the opposite at Shunyata and you leave feeling lighter in body and spirit. Do it! Catherine Bos

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 December 2012

My adult daughter and I started our NZ vacation with a 2 day gentle, peaceful, relaxing, nuturing and deep spiritual journey at Shunyayta. Paru was completely present and treated us like gods, preparing us incredible meals, in an exquisite setting. Shunyata is a beautiful and quiet place to gather your authentic self. Paru is the real deal. I feel I've truly made some big shifts in my personal journey through her sincere and attentive guidance.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Laura C
paru_12, Owner at Shunyata Health Retreat / Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

Thank you girls - I knew that you were holding some grief after your loss so what a beautiful way to start a holiday to clear this out.

It was gorgeous to meet you both and good luck to your lives as you step forward.

Reviewed 21 November 2012

I spent the weekend with Paru in her lovely home. It was very relaxing and personal. The food was amazing and the whole experience was very soul cleansing. Paru took me to a beautiful beach and lovely Lyttleton market. The experience was just what I was looking for and needed. Thank you for all your help Paru!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 October 2012

I spent 8 nights at Shunyata Retreat in 2011, recommended by friends in the Coromandel, my experience was blissful, enlightening, pampering and soul reviving. Paru is amazing at her craft and I felt instantly at ease with her. The intention was to shift through some old stuff that was no longer serving me and the retreat did this, but it also did so much more. I came away feeling like a new person and so much lighter and happier. Paru goes above and beyond to ensure you get what you need in everyway. Yoga in the morning, beautiful walks in the local area, body & mind treatments that go very deep, amazing food that tantalizes your taste buds and leaves you feeling fully nourished. The library of DVD's and books is extensive and wonderful to lose yourself with these amazing teachers in the evening. Beautiful meditations, wonderful day trip to Akaroa, fun and laughter and when things got a little tough, the wisdom to truly 'listen, hear & understand', make some changes which allowed everyone to move forward and come away feeling understood, healed and empowered. Paru has a unique gift, which she shares openly and lovingly, her knowledge is vast and she truly knows how to help you to release and move forward, in mind & body. I will return to Shunyata as often as I can & highly recommend it to anyone wanting to treat themselves to a very special experience.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo

It was so gorgeous to meet you Karen and to take you deeper on your amazing journey
of a wise life. We had so much fun going to akaroa and it was like meeting my best friend.
I hope you can take this to others and inspire them and hope to meet again.
Love and light