Shunyata Health Retreat / Day Spa
Quest Christchurch(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$103
Hotels.com
Argyle on the Park(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$89
US$85
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdiamond harbourmorning yogaamazing journeyhealing processenlightening experiencenga mihidays nightsbedroom windowparuozonesaunaclaritynourishingnourishedpamperedsacralunblocked
Reviewed 12 March 2014

My experience at Shunyata was just what the doctor ordered. Paru is wonderful and welcoming and treats you with so much love and care and seems to know just what you need and when you need it. This was my first retreat and I found the whole experience uplifting and lifechanging . Paru is a very wise woman who is an expert in her field and I have left there feeling alive for the first time in years. The personalised attention is second to none and the lovely accommodation with fantastic harbour views is a great place where you can truly feel at home.My advice is to just do it as you wont regret it and it will truly change your life for the better. I will definately return.

Room Tip: Ask for the room overlooking the harbour.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Eve359
paru_12, Owner at Shunyata Health Retreat / Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Thank you was a pleasure to go through the storms with you and to watch the
courage to see you give up smoking and know why you smoked. This is the only
true let go of addictions and thank you for your understanding of having no power and how we managed to get around it. Love to you and may you stay pure and clean.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

As a male I was a bit apprehensive when making the booking but after meeting Paru and spending 5 days going through " the journey" I found the experience rewarding and worthwhile and would strongly recommend to all.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Sarah_S_12456

I am so impressed when men face their fear and come to shunyata. It was amazing to
see you come from
"Out of your comfort zone"
to feeling so comfortable so quickly. Was gorgeous to have you here and may all men
take the leap

Reviewed 29 December 2013

What an amazing experience!
I can't recommend it enough, if you're struggling with any thing, poor health or just need a break don't think twice about booking with Paru
I was so desperate and had been sick for 12months Paru said "with my help she could work miracles," I didn't believe her I had been sick for so long, who would have thought in four days
You could have a complete turn around!
I know it sounds cliché but it's true, IT CHANGED MY LIFE!
my four children, husband and extended family can vouch for that!
Thanks so much Paru
Your absolutely wonderful and marvellous and beautiful, you have filled my world with so much gratitude and unconditional love.
I will definitely be back once a year! Your retreat is truly Devine and you have given me the quality of life back.
The retreat changed my life :)
My husband who came for the last day, and had couples retreat,
Said he was skeptical, but it was really beneficial!
Best money you can spend!!
Much love, God bless
Zak and Abs
Ox

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Zbuilt
paru_12, Owner at Shunyata Health Retreat / Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

I feel so grateful to do this work with someone who truly has the courage to want the change.
Abs we worked together to create your amazing new life for 2014 and well done for inviting your
gorgeous husband so that you can go on and do what you do best being the best mother and
wife in the world. Was a true awakening for me - love to the whole family

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I went to Shunyata feeling detached from life and myself.. With fear and anxiety taking charged of my life. I was unsure what to expect when I arrived and was apprehensive as to whether it would make a difference. But Paru with all her love warmth and wisdom help me to reignite my passion for myself and my life, and to stand up to my inner fears and anxiety and face them head on. With her gift she has given me the chance and strength to smile again and live life how I want from a place of love and understanding. I will be forever grateful to this amazing lady. Many thanks and mountains of love to her :)
I will definitely be back

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Sharon T

You came with deep stuckness and jumped into the unknown, what courage.
I loved your beauty and deep comittment to change and hope that 2014 brings a
continuation of what you truly went through
love to you all around the world my sweet

Reviewed 12 October 2013

My husband and I have 3 young children and farm at the bottom of the South Island. Things are always very 'full on' and I was desperate for a break away, a chance to wind down, an understanding of what I really need in my life and for someone to fuss over me for a bit. I found all of this and more at Shunyata! It really is bliss to have someone cook (beautiful meals) and do the dishes for you for a whole week.

For a long time I had the feeling that events were happening in my life to help teach me my 'life lessons', but I felt like I was muddling through things. Paru helped me clarify ideas and re-ignite my passion for learning more about myself, life and the universe. She also helped me understand what an important thing unconditional love is!

Thankyou so much Paru for your love and respect, and for helping me find my sparkle.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Rebecca M

You knew so much and yet you still stayed open to new beginnings. What a deep
humble and gorgeous mum you truly are - may your children revel in your awakening
love to you down south