“Good food, good service”
Review of Indian pearl restaurant - CLOSED

Indian pearl restaurant
Price range: US$11 - US$14
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Indian Pearl Restaurant cooks to your liking, gluten freee, traditional charcoal ovens, fully licensed with a function room available, perfect for your next group booking.
Reviewed 5 May 2013

My wife and I are weekday lunch diners only. Visited for first time on a wet, cold day and found it a cosy warm little haven with pleasant Indian decor, esp, the unusual blue tables, and non intrusive background Indian music. Service most professional. Unlike many others that offer lunch diners their full menu choice at special prices, Pearls choice was very limited. Alas, this will likely ensure no return visit, however the evening , more expensive menu appears to offer great choice. We both ordered their own special chicken curry which was superb which came with obligatory rice also most generous naans. Great price. Mango lassi good but a bit watery, have had better. Overall a nice little place offering a pleasant dining experience.

2  Thank AthleticChristchurch

Reviewed 22 April 2013

So my partner and I decided one night to go out for a little curry. Curry is good and we knew as soon as we walked in the authentically decorated doors, into the buoyantly colored interior that this was going to be, as the name suggested, a little pearl of a restaurant. And we were not really disappointing. Our waiter came over and started giving us poppadoms which tasted like salty pieces of crunchy batter. Yum! We then ordered drinks and the conversation digressed to the recent protests in Bahrain and the surrounding controversy with the force India F1 team. The 2 kids in my company were truly enthralled by this and expressed their interest by bouncing up and down on the chairs in the restaurant and observing the weird cracks in the blue tables. We then got our food; 3 butter chickens with a serving of good old anglo saxon coke and the evening to a little twist. Eye brown man decided that it was appropriate to play death rap in an Indian restaurant with 2 kids sitting opposite me. I would have called him up on it but I was rather a fan of the particular song. Amidst the profanity being slurred by snoop and Dre I managed to finish my butter chicken which was delicious. However in hindsight I would have preferred some Bollywood music because I think that's what Indians all really listen too.

1  Thank Joseph K
Reviewed 16 January 2013

Have been here twice so far, the staff are great very friendly, gave my wee girl a complimentary mango lasse and turned on the special lights in the back room for her she loved it, the food was excellent and will be going back again soon

1  Thank Nicky587
Reviewed 27 October 2012

Stumbled across this new place on a day trip to Christchurch. From the moment we walked through the door the service was outstanding from the owner. We enjoyed the decoration of the place and the relaxing music, we were oblivious to busy road outside.
Food was excellent we had a Chicken and veggie dish between us and both were very tasty. Will definitely be back again on our next visit to town.

1  Thank Geewiz81