“A Great Place to visit”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A Great Place to visit”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

After arriving in Christchurch in 2013 to stay with my family and being a professional gardener, I looked for gardens to visit.
I found Frensham and could not resist a second visit this year at a slightly later time. I was not disappointed. The added attraction is the welcome given to visitors by Margaret Long, a knowledgeable and passionate owner/gardener with a superb eye for colour and form.
This garden is not to be missed.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Jean G

Ashburton, New Zealand
“Lovely way to spend a few hours”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Our visit to Frensham exceeded expectations. Margaret is a very knowledgeable and gracious host and having the opportunity to purchase plants seen in the garden was a real bonus.
The long tree lined driveway only vaguely hints at the varied gardens hidden from view as you approach the house. The fabulously large pittosporum balls, the living trellis and the "garden shed" all made the parking area interesting and then once we were through to the hidden gardens we were treated to all manner of interesting perennials, large trees and clever ideas. My favourites were the gravel garden, the clematis climbing through other plants and the formal area plantings. I look forward to visiting the garden in other seasons and learning from Margaret's experience.

Visited January 2014