“Spanish theme with good music and atmosphere”
Review of Cortado Restaurant

Cortado Restaurant
Ranked #190 of 1,051 Restaurants in Christchurch
Price range: US$7 - US$24
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Cortado Christchurch! Cortado serves up cafe-style brunch/lunch on weekends and a sumptuous a-la-carte dinner menu in the evenings. Our Tapas menu is available at all times. Cortado coffee is a speciality, and on the menu, you'll find seafood and fresh fish, mouth watering Tapas and our popular Italian Style Pizzas. You can also enjoy several rather unique cocktails, including the popular "Green Hornet" cocktail! Friendly staff aim to provide you with good service in a relaxed, stylish atmosphere. You can enjoy Macs Beer, Marlborough Wines, or a range of fine spirits and whiskeys. Parking is located at 142 Somerfield St, behind Mark Herring Lighting. No surcharge on public holidays, EVER!
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Great live music. Decent cocktails.Tapas okay but not authentic - spanish themed.
Busy little bar and restaurant with good atmosphere.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Liked.......the atmosphere, great tasting food and the entertainment while we ate.

Could improve menus by giving explanation of titles (South American, etc names) as we had no idea what we were reading. Explanations were available from the waitresses, but when the waitress is at your table it's time to order not decipher the menu.
Dessert was tempting.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We went to Cortados on a Friday night as a group of friends. We heard they had live music and good food. It was moderately busy and there seemed to be a large number of staff on. My husband and I arrived before our friends and we were quickly shown to our table and asked if we wanted any drinks. My husband had a 1l stein of beer and it was very good value! There was a fairly good selection of food, tapas, substantial mains and pizzas. I was particularly pleased to see plenty of gluten free options including for the pizzas. Once our friends arrived we ordered some starters as nibbles but it did take an extraordinarily long time for our mains to arrive. We were seated by 6.45 but the mains didn't arrive til 8.30. At least we were enjoying the mellow music in the background - they were toned just right for a restaurant. Everything seemed ok with the meals until our friend was part way through his fish meal to discover a fly in the sauce! It doesn't just happen on TV comedy! The server looked horrified and hurried off with the plate. We all felt a little odd after that but a replacement fish meal was brought to my friend. Another server came over and asked how things were. We told her great until the fly was found in our friend's food. She looked horrified as well and hurried off. My friend wasn't charged for his meal, but I have to say that I won't be rushing back. Shame as we are in walking distance.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

I had actually planned to go somewhere else for lunch, but it was closed, and this place looked nice, so in I went. I was warmly welcomed by the waitress behind the counter before I had even opened the door fully. She was the only waitress there. She was attentive and friendly. The place began filling up while I was there, and she was fantastic. She was attentive and friendly, without being intruding, to everyone.
The food was fantastic. I had the fish & chips. The chips were perfect - crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, the fish was lovely, with an awesome batter. My only complaint was the dressing on the salad was a little oily, but other than that I thoroughly enjoyed my lunch.
The icing on the cake was finding out about their loyalty card. I signed up and I will be back

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Been coming here for a while now, and every time we dine here, we really enjoy the food. We usually order the Tapas dishes, which are all excellent and good value for money, as you do get plenty on your plate. The squid in particular is one of my favourites and is the best squid i have tasted anywhere, as its cut into strips and not rings like most places.

The atmosphere here is also very good, along with the wait staff, who are very efficient, especially the manager Jude.

We have also eaten here for brunch, and enjoyed the big breakfast very much, really good value for money.

There is a nice seating area outside now and large double doors leading into the restaurant, perfect on a nice summers day.

They have a loyalty card scheme, which is really worth having, as its gives you a 10% discount off your total bill.

My only negative comment really is the main menu, it is not a huge choice, so if you are a regular here, you would tire of the menu. Maybe some more specials would be a good idea to give diners a varied choice.

We look forward to our next visit.

2  Thank Louise_H46H