“Second visit on a busy night. ”
Review of Cortado Restaurant

Cortado Restaurant
Ranked #231 of 976 Restaurants in Christchurch
Price range: US$7 - US$24
Cuisines: Pizza, Contemporary, Latin, Wine Bar
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Drinks, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Welcome to Cortado Christchurch! Cortado serves up cafe-style brunch/lunch on weekends and a sumptuous a-la-carte dinner menu in the evenings. Our Tapas menu is available at all times. Cortado coffee is a speciality, and on the menu, you'll find seafood and fresh fish, mouth watering Tapas and our popular Italian Style Pizzas. You can also enjoy several rather unique cocktails, including the popular "Green Hornet" cocktail! Friendly staff aim to provide you with good service in a relaxed, stylish atmosphere. You can enjoy Macs Beer, Marlborough Wines, or a range of fine spirits and whiskeys. Parking is located at 142 Somerfield St, behind Mark Herring Lighting. No surcharge on public holidays, EVER!
“Second visit on a busy night. ”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Arrived around 7pm. Resturant was busy. Almost all tables were full. Lucky to have gotten a booking earlier that day. Went and ordered drinks. They were well priced. Then ordered food. Food took a while to arrive. Around 40min. Food was good. We got the 5 tapas for $45. Good choices on menu although would have been nice to include more of a description on the tapas menu. Had to google some of the definitions. Live music arrived at around 8.30. Good beats...

All over a nice night and affordable night. Food plus 3 drinks each came to $90 for the night.

Will probably be back.

Christchurch, New Zealand
“Spanish theme with good music and atmosphere”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Great live music. Decent cocktails.Tapas okay but not authentic - spanish themed.
Busy little bar and restaurant with good atmosphere.

• Visited June 2014
Christchurch New Zealand
“A busy little place”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Liked.......the atmosphere, great tasting food and the entertainment while we ate.

Could improve menus by giving explanation of titles (South American, etc names) as we had no idea what we were reading. Explanations were available from the waitresses, but when the waitress is at your table it's time to order not decipher the menu.
Dessert was tempting.

Visited May 2014
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
“Excuse me waiter!”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We went to Cortados on a Friday night as a group of friends. We heard they had live music and good food. It was moderately busy and there seemed to be a large number of staff on. My husband and I arrived before our friends and we were quickly shown to our table and asked if we wanted any drinks. My husband had a 1l stein of beer and it was very good value! There was a fairly good selection of food, tapas, substantial mains and pizzas. I was particularly pleased to see plenty of gluten free options including for the pizzas. Once our friends arrived we ordered some starters as nibbles but it did take an extraordinarily long time for our mains to arrive. We were seated by 6.45 but the mains didn't arrive til 8.30. At least we were enjoying the mellow music in the background - they were toned just right for a restaurant. Everything seemed ok with the meals until our friend was part way through his fish meal to discover a fly in the sauce! It doesn't just happen on TV comedy! The server looked horrified and hurried off with the plate. We all felt a little odd after that but a replacement fish meal was brought to my friend. Another server came over and asked how things were. We told her great until the fly was found in our friend's food. She looked horrified as well and hurried off. My friend wasn't charged for his meal, but I have to say that I won't be rushing back. Shame as we are in walking distance.

Visited May 2014
Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
“How did I not know about this place?”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I had actually planned to go somewhere else for lunch, but it was closed, and this place looked nice, so in I went. I was warmly welcomed by the waitress behind the counter before I had even opened the door fully. She was the only waitress there. She was attentive and friendly. The place began filling up while I was there, and she was fantastic. She was attentive and friendly, without being intruding, to everyone.
The food was fantastic. I had the fish & chips. The chips were perfect - crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, the fish was lovely, with an awesome batter. My only complaint was the dressing on the salad was a little oily, but other than that I thoroughly enjoyed my lunch.
The icing on the cake was finding out about their loyalty card. I signed up and I will be back

• Visited March 2014