“Life Changing Meal!!!”

Pedro's House of Lamb
Ranked #1 of 980 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A tender whole lamb shoulder cooked slowly over 4-5 hours, with garlic and rosemary to bring out the delicious flavour. Served with scalloped potatoes. TAKEAWAY
Ogden, Utah, United States
“Life Changing Meal!!!”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My Husband and I were staying in Christchurch for part of our honeymoon. While we were there we decided to take a drive up to the Waipara Valley wine region and do some wine tasting. On our way back to our hotel we realized how hungry we were and needed a bite to eat. I quickly looked up what was in the area and I read something about Pedro's lamb truck. Not familiar with the area we drove around until we found the food truck we finally got there at about 6 or 7 pm, just as they were closing... I bellied up to the truck and explained how starving we were and that we would like to order some lamb and potatoes. The gentleman gave me these sad eyes and said that they were sold out (and usually are, most people order in advance to ensure they get their order). He felt so bad that he offered to give me the last little bits that were left over. We brought it back to our hotel and dug in... this meal was life changing. Even the scrap leg that we got and the ton of potatoes were everything we had read about on the reviews. When my husband and I talk about our perfect honeymoon to NZ, we always come back to the best meal we had which came from Pedro's House of Lamb food truck. If you are looking for heaven and haven't found it yet, I highly suggest you search out Pedro's. Make sure you pre-order your meal to ensure you get a full tin of lamb and potatoes, but either way you WILL NOT BE DISSAPPOINTED!

• Visited September 2013

• Polish first
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Best lamb dinner ever”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

After previously enjoying this lamb and potato meal for an anniversary dinner, and enough for the two of us the following night, we decided to order when entertaining friends from Sydney over a long weekend recently. After a day trip away from Christchurch, and having earlier prepared a side dish of extra vegetables, we collected our pre-ordered lamb on the way home. What a wonderfully easy way to entertain! Our guests loved the food too, and agreed it was a good way to spend an 'evening at home' after a busy day out.
We consider this ready-cooked roast dinner for four adults great value at $35, and plan to have this more often when entertaining.
Highly recommended to locals and travellers alike.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank mabs36
Christchurch, New Zealand
“slow cooked, fast served”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This guy had a great 5 stars restaurant before the earthquakes. Now only a temp place in Papanui. Only room for one dish and no tables or chairs. Now it is a fav fast food place. The lamb with herbs and potatoes are amazing, Spanish style. They prepare it and cook it during the morning and they keep it warm during the midday and afternoon for the customers to arrive and get their portion immediately so it feels like a fast food restaurant hahahaha great quality of the food is obvious. Delicious and enough for two people. Our treat once a fortnight !

Visited June 2014
1 Thank silparanay
“Pedro's House of Lamb”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I had been meaning to order the shoulder lamb dish (which comes with scalloped potatoes) for ages, as I had heard so many many people rave about how delish it was. Finally, last week I placed my order for collection on Saturday. When I collected it, it was in a large lidded foil dish and they provided me a cardboard box to transport easily. When I got it home and served the meal, the lamb was so succulent and just melted away from the bone, the flavor was perfect. My daughter who is not a huge fan of lamb LOVED IT!! The family particularly liked the scalloped potatoes. This fed a hungry family of three and still some left over the next for my daughter to have for lunch.

Yum yum. The chaps in the container shop were very friendly too. This is the best lamb I have ever eaten.

• Visited June 2014
Gainesville, Florida
“Large quantity, average taste”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I appreciated that there is enough for two people to share and the meat is very moist. However, I felt the food was underseasoned and had average taste. Maybe I went on the wrong day. Nothing wrong with a large quantity of average food, but it shouldn't be the number one rated place I a city.

1 Thank Chad2014