“Yummo”

Pedro's House of Lamb
Ranked #3 of 1,020 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A tender whole lamb shoulder cooked slowly over 4-5 hours, with garlic and rosemary to bring out the delicious flavour. Served with scalloped potatoes. TAKEAWAY
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Did not disappoint, great restaurant quality food as takeaway! Nice simple menu, shoulder of lamb with potatoes, saved the hassle of choosing :)

There are newer reviews for Pedro's House of Lamb

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Pedro's House of Lamb is the best lamb you will ever have. This small spot has risen from the ashes of "Pedro's" restaurant which was destroyed in the earthquake of 2011. I had eaten at Pedro's restaurant nearly 100 times and, as the previous commander for the C-17 forces supporting Operation DEEP FREEZE in Antarctica, took every DV who came to Christchurch there for dinner (including 4-Star generals, US Senators and Congressmen and most importantly, my wife!) . Why? Because it was - and still IS - the best lamb on the planet. Pedro, Inaki and the staff (past and present) are extremely friendly and strive to ensure your food is perfectly cooked, unbelievably delicious and worth every penny. Portions are HUGE but you will soon find one serving is not enough. I once dinner there three nights in a row and had the lamb every night! Pedro told me if I came back the next night he would only serve me fish because he thought I was getting too full! I told him I would go all day without eating knowing I was having Pedro's lamb that night. It really is THAT good. After the earthquake, Pedro's restaurant was destroyed, but Pedro and Inaki have opened "Pedro's House of Lamb" using a trailer located in the Liquor King parking lot on Papanui road. They have found a location to once again build a full service restaurant and will do so in the near future, but for now, you can go to Pedro's House and have simply the best lamb you'll ever taste. As a 28 yr US Air Force pilot, I've been to over 90 countries and on every continent and I can say this is one of the best meals I've even eaten - each and every time (like I said, nearly 100!). The sides are best eaten with the jus of the lamb and a nice bottle of New Zealand pinot noir is highly recommended (my favorite is Chard Farm from Central Otago - which you can buy right next door. And if you're in the Queenstown area, a Chard Farm winery tour is an ABSOLUTE MUST! ). I am so proud of Pedro (and all the people of the South Island who have not only persevered but excelled after the deadly earthquake) for being undaunted in the face of adversity. He could have returned to Spain, he could have given up. But like a Phoenix from the ashes, he, Inaki and Pedro's House of Lamb have risen from the ashes to be even better than before! I can't wait to see what they do next.

11  Thank AntarcticIce
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We had been looking forward to this all week as it had been recommended as fabulous. It was very good - a side of veggies would really finish it off. Pedro was very friendly - as all New Zealanders are.......
It was very good but we had lunch at Tequila Mockingbird and I am a little confused as to how Pedro's ( admittedly excellent lamb ) could rate above it. Still - excellent lamb and delish potatoes.

2  Thank amg1960
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My Husband and I were staying in Christchurch for part of our honeymoon. While we were there we decided to take a drive up to the Waipara Valley wine region and do some wine tasting. On our way back to our hotel we realized how hungry we were and needed a bite to eat. I quickly looked up what was in the area and I read something about Pedro's lamb truck. Not familiar with the area we drove around until we found the food truck we finally got there at about 6 or 7 pm, just as they were closing... I bellied up to the truck and explained how starving we were and that we would like to order some lamb and potatoes. The gentleman gave me these sad eyes and said that they were sold out (and usually are, most people order in advance to ensure they get their order). He felt so bad that he offered to give me the last little bits that were left over. We brought it back to our hotel and dug in... this meal was life changing. Even the scrap leg that we got and the ton of potatoes were everything we had read about on the reviews. When my husband and I talk about our perfect honeymoon to NZ, we always come back to the best meal we had which came from Pedro's House of Lamb food truck. If you are looking for heaven and haven't found it yet, I highly suggest you search out Pedro's. Make sure you pre-order your meal to ensure you get a full tin of lamb and potatoes, but either way you WILL NOT BE DISSAPPOINTED!

3  Thank Tiana Y
Reviewed 2 July 2014

After previously enjoying this lamb and potato meal for an anniversary dinner, and enough for the two of us the following night, we decided to order when entertaining friends from Sydney over a long weekend recently. After a day trip away from Christchurch, and having earlier prepared a side dish of extra vegetables, we collected our pre-ordered lamb on the way home. What a wonderfully easy way to entertain! Our guests loved the food too, and agreed it was a good way to spend an 'evening at home' after a busy day out.
We consider this ready-cooked roast dinner for four adults great value at $35, and plan to have this more often when entertaining.
Highly recommended to locals and travellers alike.

2  Thank mabs36