“Christmas shopping started!”

Beadz Unlimited
Ranked #12 of 49 Shopping in Christchurch
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

What a great shop ... I've bought from Beadz from Arts Centre days so really happy to see it's reopened in the fabulously historic New Regent st. ( seem she has one in Cranford St too) and now with the tram running from the museum to NRS more people will fall in love with the jewellery and Beadz ... next time I may even make something!

dottydog2013, General Manager at Beadz Unlimited, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for your lovely review! Yes, it's great to be back in the city...a sunny day and the tram trundling along make for the perfect day for a stroll down New Regent Street and a visit to Beadz Unlimited...we would love for you to stay a while and create something fabulous on your next visit! See you very soon we hope!

Reviewed 8 September 2013

In July I was really fortunate to visit these two gorgeous shops in New Regent Street Christchurch. Quality, style, fun and creative are just a few adjectives that spring to mind. It was imperative I find something personal, relevant and affordable to honour someone special... me!
Rowena, the business owner introduced me to her specialty range of gold and/or silver range of the Christchurch Cathedral 'Rose' Window. To my delight I left with a divine 'rose' ring that I adore. New Regent Street is well worth your attention in a city not quite but almost bereft of shopping these days. Rowena Watson Designs were displaying an exquisite range of vintage cameo and marcasite with silver that was very difficult to resist. A little ray of sunshine in otherwise moon scape surroundings. I can't wait to return next time I'm in Christchurch.

Thank you so much for your lovely review! It sounds like you love Beadz Unlimited as much as we do! We pride ourselves in our amazing customer service and we know it's hard to leave without a little (or large) box of something truly beautiful once you have been captivated by our stunning pieces! Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 30 July 2013

I popped into New Regent Street early-ish on Saturday morning in order to kill a couple of birds with one stone; I wanted to checkout New Regent Street since it re-opened after the quake & also wanted to repair a couple of necklaces at Beadz Unlimited that had lain broken for far too long.

I was welcomed into the store by a lovely shop assistant, and the owner of the store soon joined us in the adjoining jewellery store. The atmosphere was welcoming and friendly, I felt immediately at ease, not at all feeling silly for the idiot like questions I was asking in regards to fixing my necklaces. Before long I found myself seated at a table in the store with a take out coffee by my side (which the owner had very kindly let me bring into the store), busy re threading my necklaces.

The light, bright, welcoming interior with all the gorgeous beads and wonderfully friendly staff made me want to stay for hours creating all sorts of lovely pieces. The service was excellent & I felt completely at ease asking the most basic questions about making earrings & necklaces etc.

I would highly recommend this as a place to visit & if you can, have some time up your sleeve as its such a great place to really take your time and enjoy the space. You can go already knowing what to make, or just with a vague idea and let inspiration (and the helpful staff) guide you once you're there. There are some lovely pieces already made up and I didn't even dare venture into the adjoining jewellery store as from where I was sitting it all looked far too lovely & I knew I would be very tempted to take a few pieces home.

It's high on my list to visit again some time soon!

Wow! What an amazing review - thank you so much! It's meeting lovely customers like you that make our job so satisfying...but hey, what's not to like?..stunning bead selection, mesmerizing ready to wear jewellery, fabulous customer service and a busy New Regent Street! We look forward to seeing you and your own hand crafted pieces very soon!

Reviewed 15 June 2013

Good to see this business reestablshed in New Regent Street. The quality and range of distinctive jewellery is great. Bought the Christchcurch cathedral pendants for my sisters. This visit I bought beautiful distinctive amber drop earrings fashioned as autumn leaves and sterling silver owl earrings. Well worth a visit for the jewellery and to support the reestablshment fof Christchurch businesses. Friendly service included for free!

1  Thank jackirmic

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, we are truly happy to be back in the city! We are very proud of our Beautiful memories range of jewellery it brings a huge amount of pleasure to us and the lovely customers who buy it. We look forward to seeing you very soon!