“Everything was good, until it suited!m”

The Craic Irish Bar
Ranked #795 of 1,020 Restaurants in Christchurch
Price range: US$6 - US$18
Cuisines: Irish
Description: Craic Irish Bar is the greatest little pub in Riccarton, Christchurch. Home of the legendary Wednesday Karaoke nights where all the locals go and sing their songs on the dance floor. We offer entertainment six nights a week including the NEW Speed Quiz, Karefolkie, Karaoke, live bands and Quiz nights We serve up lashings of Irish fare with genuine Guinness, the greatest of beers and wines, spirts and splits. Go where the Irish and locals drink - you will be delighted Slainte
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I paid $9.50 for a bottled beer, shortly after taking a drink, we were threw out! Apparently my husband had to leave according to security, and I had no time to drink my recent purchase, my husband couldn't even wait outside! Bear in mind he had been refused earlier, which was fine, we sat for an hour, me drinking! But obviously someone else was watching (said bouncer/security/barmaid(who I think is daughter)/owner/manager). He had done nothing more than myself but to enjoy the craic! Get a feelin they had been watching and got more money out of us. But there was a guy in a blue shirt enjoying himself!

There are newer reviews for The Craic Irish Bar

Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

The Christchurch Earthquakes were not kind to the Craic because it is still open. The building housing the pub should be demolished giving them the chance to build a nice clean pub, everything which the Craic is not. The food is OK microwaved pub-grub but it is nothing to write home to Ireland about.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Good basic pub food at reasonable prices. Small area but well utilised. Bangers and mash were spot on with heaps of gravy, no need to ask for extra.

1  Thank Evan S
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

I ate here two weeks and had the house burger and chip. Practically threw the plate at me with a knife and fork with no napkin or anything else for that matter. I was served by a very rude and unpleasant waitress. Don't bother stopping here as there is too many nicer places close by.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

Recently we went to The Craic Irish Bar in Riccarton Christchurch to watch a Rugby match. I was quiet disspointed to learn that the toilets are unisex and that they were not been kept clean, I overcame this by simply not going to the toilet.
Behind the bar there was a sign stating "doubles served unless otherwise stated" , when I questioned the bar man who wore a beard why he was not putting the double shot into my drink he quickly became defensive and basically informed me that I must be drunk as he always serves doubles. At this stage I would like to add that I was the sober driver and it was my turn to go to the bar. Throughtout the night I observed this bar man with dark hair and a beard and I quickly noticed he accused 4 different individuals of not paying for their drinks when they had in actual fact paid for them. All 4 individuals paid twice for their drinks. The last poor individual got thrown out because he questioned the bar man after paying for this drink on the second occassion. I believe he was an Irish man.
In the end we decided to leave after observing this behaviour from a distance I was actually shocked and quiet disappointed.