Hotel 115 Christchurch
US$103
US$271
US$221
Hotels.com
All reviewsfree fruitquirky hoteltram stationgreat boutiquewet roomnight managerconvenience storetwo nightsfantastic locationcentral locationrestaurants and barsregent streetrooms are smallcathedral squaregreat roomwould definitely stay here againcar parking
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Nice boutique hotel - only 30 rooms - set just behind the Christchurch Cathedral. Perhaps one of the more central hotels that is open?

Tastefully decorated and nicely appointed rooms, of a decent size, with modern bathrooms that are well-appointed (though the shower tended to flood the bathrooms floor). Comfortable beds, we slept very well. Windows can be opened (we were on the 1st floor), but we saw no evidence of air conditioning, so did get a bit hot at night.

Central to Christchurch - although not much is left in the city centre. There was an Irish girl at the desk when we checked in who was extremely knowledgable about restaurants in town, and drew them out on the map for us, which was very handy because restaurants are often quite far apart, with the construction and demolition scattered about town. She was very helpful.

We got quite a good deal on lastminute.com

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
177sarahn, General Manager at Hotel 115 Christchurch, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear Danastarr
Thank you for your review on Hotel 115. Yes you are correct we are in heart of it all in the city centre. I’m glad your enjoyed your stay and that you found the receptionist Emma helpful- I will make sure to pass it on to her.
Thanking you, Sarah Niu, the General Manager.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Ok, so I thought I had stayed at a bad hotel a few months ago while I was in Vegas but this one definitely takes the cake for being all sorts of BAD. I was in Christchurch for one night in January 2012. Having traveled over 10 hours from North of Australia I got to the hotel around midnight. Upon getting there, I saw that the reception doors were locked. The hotel didn't have a lockbox or a call box. I had to use my international roaming to get a hold of the hotel manager (who also own the property). All this took about 45 minutes. During check-in, I confronted the hotel manager about the check-in time and she was indifferent to the entire situation and threatened me and told me she would refuse to give me the keys. After the awful check-in process, I walked into my shoebox of a room where the bathroom sink was clogged so I couldn't even freshen up properly. At this point I had given up on the hotel and went to bed, hoping for a fresh start to my day. But then again, I was so naive to think that I would get a good night's sleep at this hotel. You see, my room was right in front of the tram line so being a very light sleeper I was woken up very early in the morning. The hotel is supposed to be a boutique hotel but it should be classified as a backpackers hostel. The staff is rude, the hotel rooms are tiny, dirty and nosiy. Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank TravelBum27
177sarahn, General Manager at Hotel 115 Christchurch, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear TravelBum27.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us here in Hotel 115 and thank you for your review.
Firstly I would just like to mention that you are correct, we are not a 24hr hotel & reception hours are 7am-10pm. This is clearly stated on all websites & in confirmation letters, including the website that you made your reservation through, you need to contact the hotel with regards to out of reception hours check in. As we were never contacted we did not know of your expected late arrival, so we do apologise about your wait.
Secondly we are deeply saddened to read your description of your room as a "shoebox". Upon learning that it was your honeymoon, a free upgrade to a superior room with bath was issued, as a congratulatory token to fulfil our commitment to outstanding customer service. These rooms always far exceed customer expectations, so possibly in this case, customer expectations were a little high. We would like to apologise if any false aspirations was given by hotel publicity or third party web based partners.
Following your review all sinks have been thoroughly checked as we have a high standard of maintenance here at Hotel 115. However, we do understand that our sink fittings may be confusing for some as they are not the traditional style of sink plug. Should you choose to stay with us again in the future please note that you simply press the centre of the stopper to release the water.
As regards to the tram, it does start running at 9:30am every morning, apologies that you were woken by it. As it is one of the major attractions in Christchurch, Hotel 115 views its proximity to the tram, a major advantage. However as this is the first complaint we have had about tram noise since the hotel opened, we would firstly like to thank you for raising this to our attention, and secondly assure you that we are monitoring the situation very closely. If Hotel 115 finds that action is required then we will act immediately as we strive for top levels of guest satisfaction.
I am very sorry that you didn’t have the experience that you expected with us. Here at Hotel 115 we do endeavour to meet all of our guests needs and we do want everyone to have an enjoyable time.
Thanking you, Sarah Niu, the General Manager.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Hotel 115 sits right behind Christchurch Cathedral, and was a fab hotel to stay at. Its handy for walking to town and will defintely return one day. Its clean and tidy, there is a great coffee shop in the precinct, that did fab breakfasts and you can eat there in the evenings.. Lurved it.. will definitely return one day..

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
177sarahn, General Manager at Hotel 115 Christchurch, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Alison W.
Thank you very much for your lovely kind words about the Hotel. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we will certainly look forward to a return visit from you in the future.
Thanking you kindly, Sarah Niu, the General Manager.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Had a great room overlooking Worcester St. Tram runs beside ground floor of reception.
Lovely comfortable king size double bed. Tea & Coffee making facilities. Had a car and parked it on the vacant lot next door. The hotel does offer secure underground parking for a fee.
Balconies on the rooms not fronting the street.
Situated right behind the earthquake damaged cathedral - it is within walking distance to all of the sights - Cardboard Catherdal, White Chairs memorial, container mall.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
177sarahn, General Manager at Hotel 115 Christchurch, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear AndrewMN. Thank you for your review of Hotel 115. Thank you for your lovely comments on the hotel and I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your weekend with us and you got to take in the sights around Christchurch. Thanking you, Sarah Niu, the General Manager.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

A very nice and pleasant place in Christchurch. Very friendly people who helped us to find a nice place to eat on Christmass eve (without being to much into the christmas sphere while having holidays). Beautiful, brand new rooms, with beautiful pictures all around, good bed and showers and cosy balcony.

Room Tip: A very nice place to stay while being in Christchurch to experience the recovering of the city.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JansZ13

Dear JansZ13. Thank you for your review of Hotel 115. As a manager it is always great to get good feedback on the staff, I’m delighted to hear they were friendly and helpful. Also delighted to hear you liked the design and our pictures, we do try to be different. Happy to know that you enjoyed your stay. Thanking you, Sarah Niu, the General Manager.