“Nice Rooms & Beautiful Building. Very Pleasant Stay”

Hotel 115 Christchurch
Ranked #40 of 144 Hotels in Christchurch
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Nice Rooms & Beautiful Building. Very Pleasant Stay”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We recently stayed here for a couple of nights after touring New Zealand in a camper-van. First impressions were, easy to find, helpful staff and beautifully finished building (plus they were playing some Billy Holiday as we entered and you cant go wrong at that). The lift was out of order on the first day (sunday) but was working by the time we woke up the next day.

The Room was coasy but well thought out with the rooms being as beautifully finished as the building. Our double bed was very comfortable and had a large tv on the wall at the bottom.

You receive 300mb of internet free but have to pay for extra data, 1gb cost $25 which was a little on the steep side. This was the only downfall to the hotel, everything else was immaculate.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gary P
177sarahn, General Manager at Hotel 115 Christchurch, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear Gary

Thank you for very much for your review of Hotel 115.
It is always great to get good feedback on the staff, I’m delighted to hear they were friendly and helpful.
Also we are pleased to hear that you liked the design of our rooms as well as your bedding.
We always aim to give our guests a comfortable and warm atmosphere in our Hotel.
Happy to know that you enjoyed your stay.
Thanking you, Sarah Niu, the General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Good customer service by all. including a very petite asian lady, I have read some negative reviews in other posts about her. I recon she was more than pleasant and very pleased of the hotel. I suspect she may have been the owner. Lovely girl, lovely housekeeping, everyone was more than willing to chat. Well done you guys. Good spot if visiting CHCH and to get a good exposure of the city. My review of the city in general - still highly under developed. Don't go to CHCH for a wide variety in things BUT the culture, atmosphere and friendly kiwi attitude of all people I encountered there makes me miss the place already. strong group of people down there and the city, though under developed, is beautiful. love the art installations.

Room Tip: I would pay the higher price for a larger room. I didn't mind how small it was but the room is d...
3 Thank Kerfuffles
177sarahn, Manager at Hotel 115 Christchurch, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear Kerfuffles

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are glad that we could accommodate you in our hotel.
We appreciate that you pointed out our customer service as we aim to give every single guest the best attention and a feeling of being home away from home.

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay in Christchurch and with us. We hope to welcoming you back at Hotel 115 soon.

Warm Regards, Sarah Niu the General Manager
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 16 June 2014

my parents stayed at hotel 115 recently which was booked by the travel agent.
first night was fine but when my parent returned from their tour for the second night they were greeted rude by a staff.
I am not happy that they spoke rude to my parents in such way.

when they checked out a nz staff was very friendly and showed very much concern. this staff was nice and talked to my dad about their time on tour. thank you to her very much.

my ma called me to update me and my sisters about their nz travels but for this hotel 115 they gave me mixed feelings.
they said the rooms are nice but disappointed that when returning for another night the asian staff was not polite.

Room Tip: my ma said she stay level one room 17 is nice she said but hopefully you do not get checked in by th...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
177sarahn, Manager at Hotel 115 Christchurch, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear filipxp
Thank you for choosing to stay with us here in Hotel 115 and thank you for your review.
Firstly I would just like to mention that your parents booked two different type of rooms on two visit, which were Deluxe room on the first stay and the standard on the second stay. We have upgraded the standard unit to the next level of the room type- Superior room for free, as a appreciation token to fulfil our commitment to outstanding customer service. We would like to apologise if any false aspirations was given by hotel publicity or third party web based partners, and believe we have miscommunication barrier in this case. We have fully booked on the Deluxe room type while your parents stayed with us on the second visit, and tried to explain the whole situation, and offer to swap to other superior room.Finally we have to re-organised guests in the suitable way, so that to keep the specific Deluxe room for your parents.
However we would firstly like to thank you for raising this to our attention, and secondly assure you that we are monitoring the situation very closely. If Hotel 115 finds that action is required then we will act immediately as we strive for top levels of guest satisfaction. Regarding the staff who was on duty we do sincerely apologize. I have taken note and will proceed to us this information for further training.
I am very sorry that your parents didn’t have the experience that you expected with us. Here at Hotel 115 we do endeavour to meet all of our guests needs and we do want everyone to have an enjoyable time.
Warm Regards, Sarah Niu,, the General Manager.
London
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed at Hotel 115 last month and had a great stay! The decor was great and the room was the cleanest we stayed in during our time in New Zealand. We were checked in by a great receptionist called Alicia who was so helpful and recommended a great place for us to go to dinner, also activities to do the next day. Had such a great stay here. My only negative was that I was sharing an interconnecting door on level 2 and the people we were sharing with were constantly in and out so it was quite noisy. Request a room not interconnecting if you can

• Stayed May 2014
Hi There, we are glad that you had such great service from the staff during your stay. Our staff here are very helpful and are always happy to have a chat and help you with anything you need. We do pride ourselves on being such a clean comfortable Hotel. Thank you for such a positive review and hope to see you text time... . Warm Regards, Sarah Niu, General Manager,
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Now I use to think that when I come to Christchurch on my business meetings, I had found a pleasant hotel in the city centre with a great bed and close to cafés near new regent st.
However after recently checking out from Hotel 115 this would make me consider to stay somewhere else.

Firstly upon check in the staff seem rather unconfident and she was talking rather too quiet which was hard for me to understand . She didn't have a name badge on but shes a petite Asian girl, quiet like a mouse. However my thoughts of her changed when later on that evening I returned from dinner passing by the reception where I saw her being rather rude to an older couple.
It seems there was a mix up in rooms and instead of trying to sort out the issue in a calm manner, the same staff was shouting and instructed the old couple to just go back upstairs to their rooms!

Where was the customer service gone?

As later on I went outside for a smoke, the staff seem to be explaining the situation to another Asian supervisor in Chinese and when I walked past they both gave me a "hello" which seems rather fake as just 5seconds ago they seem so frustrated with the pervious issue.

Now this hotel use to have lovely staff, like an Irish lass that was very informative with where to wine and dine, and another staff that had a great kiwi accent which always remembered I've stayed before a few times. They gave great professional service during my stay.

Such a shame that now the service has dropped and despite it being a great location, I would stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Advice: request to stay on level one. It seems that level two during the night has a lot of foot mov...
2 Thank Moneybagsq1
177sarahn, General Manager at Hotel 115 Christchurch, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Hi There,

Thank you choosing to stay at Hotel 115.
We appreciate you regularly booking with us and its great to welcome a familiar face.
Regarding the staff who was on duty we do sincerely apologize.
I have taken note and will proceed to us this information for further training.

Warm Regards, Sarah Niu, General Manager, Hotel 115
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My Husband & I enjoyed our stay.

Check in was just ok, would of been more professional if one of the staff wasn't so inconsiderate!
petite Asian ( don't know name , because no name badge ) , kept on interrupting while Julie was sorting our room key and explaining about the time of the tram, we did find out later she is in training, still no excuse for bad manners.

lovely clean rooms & fantastic location!

The yellow throughout the hotel is brilliant, the pictures on the walls - sad but beautiful, I especially loved the little details of knick knacks around the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi There,

We appreciate your feedback and will use it in a positive way to train up new staff with better customer service.
We do pride ourselves on being such a clean comfortable Hotel.

Warm Regards, Sarah Niu, General Manager, Hotel 115
Napier, Hawke's Bay, New Zealand
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Hotel 115. Excellent location in the CBD, walking distance to New Regent Street, Cathedral square, etc. Extremely helpful staff, was impressed the receptionist offered to book my taxi for me when I mentioned in passing it would be an early departure. The room was perfect for me travelling solo and spending little time in Christchurch, extremely well presented room, very clean and inviting. I would stay there again and recommend to friends and family.

1 Thank Sarah A
177sarahn, General Manager at Hotel 115 Christchurch, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Hi Sarah, Here at Hotel 115 we are in a great location, especially for Tourists and Business people. We make sure our staff's customer service is to a high standard so our guests have the best experience, So glad you enjoyed your time with us and hope to have you stay again soon. Warm Regards, Sarah Niu, General Manager, Hotel 115