“Awesome Cafe & Staff”

Dose Diner NZ
Ranked #172 of 1,097 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Tried their new Cafe / Diner on Blenheim Road, Staff were welcoming friendly and genuine. We ordered 2 x coffees and 2 x breakfasts. The coffees were great,
The breakfasts were simply amazing. Full of flavor, not greasy and beautifully presented I was thoroughly impressed.
I will be a regular from now on, Real Value for money.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Having heard the good reviews about this place, three of us went there for dinner. The staff were pleasant and service was fast and attentive. However, we found the servings surprisingly small. We had the combination Yakitori, the Karaage Chicken, the Namban-style Karaage Chicken, and Teriyaki Chicken Donburi. The Namban Style Karaage Chicken was the yummiest dish, but the regular Karaage Chicken was nowhere near as crispy as it is in other Japanese restaurants. The other menu items were pretty lackluster and mediocre in flavor. Not bad, but not stand-outs. Although we had rice to go with these dishes, we still left feeling unsatisfied and hungry. So we went to the nearest fast-food joint and had something more to eat. I was really surprised that our experience was so different from that of other reviewers, and I was hoping to find another restaurant to add to my list of favorite Japanese restaurants in Christchurch. But sadly, Dose just didn't make the cut.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We have been here a number of times with our kids and have never been disappointed. The wasabi mayo with the squid is to die for as is the salmon yakatori. Kids love the karage chicken. I also like the good craft beer selection and friendly staff.

Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

They have two cafes in town on Tuam St and Blenheim Rd and both are excellent. Their coffee is always good and the food is delicious.

I've had the big breakfast and their hash browns are home made and are infused with herbs. They also make their own English muffins for their egg benedict which was very nice. My favourite is the French toast though, not sure what their secret is but it's the best I've had!

2  Thank Suney C
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Best Egg Benedict ever. Must try and recommended by Lonely Planet. Don't forget to have a nice cup of flatwhite as well :)

1  Thank Wing Man T