“Lovely, clean & comfortable place!”
Review of Quest Christchurch

Quest Christchurch
Ranked #16 of 145 Hotels in Christchurch
“Lovely, clean & comfortable place!”
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

This is a great place to stay in Christchurch. Although the city is going through hard times right now following the earthquake, we enjoyed having an explore and this place was really nice, comfortable, modern and clean. Exactly what you'd want for a comfortable night or two!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Guangzhou, China
Reviewed 16 March 2014

we stayed in a family interconnecting two-bedroom apartment for one night.
this hotel locates at the city central, some hotels and restaurants nearby, and it takes about 15 minutes to walk to the botanic garden and the museum, or to the re-start mall, not very far. the trim station is at the ground floor. and there is a huge parking lot besides the hotel. so I can say the location is excellent.
the hotel is newly furnished and opened, the interior design is quite simple but still very comfortable. the apartment we stayed is a very spacious one-bedroom apartment combining with a pretty nice standard room. it's clean and bright, furniture and kitchen are well-maintained, so are the bathrooms. the fan of the bathroom will automatically open when the lights are turned on, and when the lights off, the fan will turn off later, too.
security is guaranteed. front gate of the hotel will be locked by nine at night, and guests only can open it with their room card, the elevator also needs room card to launch.
staff me met are friendly and helpful. we were locked out in late night, and the duty manager immediately helped us to open the door.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Stayed here last week
Lovely apartment.- clean and recently refurbished.
Great central location

My issues are reasonably minor
1. Strange that the apartment is not serviced on a Sunday - no drop in price however!
2. Weird arrangement of the hot water system being in what should have been the pantry cupboard in the kitchen - when I tried to open it (the sign saying don't open is at ceiling height!) the panel fell and nearly hit me.
3. 1 hr a day of internet that has to be used continuously is a very very strange arrangement!
4. Advertised as a large double bed - however what we got was two single beds pushed together - in a 1 bedroom apartment a VERY strange arrangement and not very comfortable!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Janet M
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 26 February 2014

The girl who arranged my check in was super friendly and helpful to my questions and to arrange shuttle for me the next day. I guess you would say this should be standard but I didn't have the same experience in the hotels I booked in Auckland or Sydney as part of this journey so it really stood out. Rooms are clean, spacious, modern with good facilities and although it is only 1 hour free WIFI it is still free compared to having to pay everywhere else.
The location is central but be aware that Christchurch is still recovering from the earthquakes of 2011 so the city is among a lot of rubble as they continue to rebuild. It was a little out of my budget as a solo traveler on a budget but everything else in Christchurch appeared to be booked out. I was glad to book there in the end though as it was near the places I wanted to visit which the receptionist kindly advised me how to fine and it was the comfiest bed I slept in in the 14 day round trip by far!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Richards Bay, South Africa
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

We spent 4 wonderful days at Quest. The 1 bedroom apartment is huge and it is spotlessly clean and well equipped. This hotel is centrally located and the tram departs from the hotel atrium. There are also no less than 4 restaurants located in the atrium. Bonus 1 hour free wifi every day. I can recommend this hotel and it's wonderful staff lead by Bess to anyone.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WillemLab
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Stayed with Quest for the many, many previously consistent good quality stays in Apartments down under.

I really don't know how this franchisee has got away with selling some of these rooms under Quest branding. The room was the most basic, 'Hotel Room' type with a some plates, cups, and kettle, tiny fridge and microwave stuck in the wardrobe. No sink. No kitchenette.

The studio IS NOT a studio.

There are no laundry facilities. You occasionally have the use of the hotel's washing machine which is usually filled with their own bed sheets.

I emailed Quest head office after checking out, and they allowed their hotelier a chance to reply. They pretty much stated unapologetically 'you got what you booked'. When I used to run a large 5* hotel, I had the sense to realise that occasionally, customers had a valid point.

Only saving grace was the front desk staff were polite, helpful and pleasant

Definitely not worth the 'apartment' prices I paid to stay here, feel I have been robbed. In my month in New Zealand, of the 12 hotels I stayed at, this was by far the worst.

Room Tip: Avoid. Use a motel on the outskirts.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 19 January 2014

visited Christchurch in January on a short business trip, we stayed in a studio, the room was very clean and had opening windows, it had tea/coffee making facilities and a microwave and small fridge, it was adequate for the short amount of time we spent there, any longer and i would suggest a one bed apartment as they have full facilities. We didn't require room service as we were there a short time so put the do not disturb sign on door but when we got back they had left us clean towels in a bag by the door, great service, my only gripe is that the towels are smaller than i have normally experienced but really its not a problem, only trouble with stopping in the center of Christchurch is that there is nothing open, such as restaurants ect, but these inner city hotels really need our business to help them rebuild the city and nowhere is far in Christchurch it is a compact city so a short drive will get you to eateries and shopping, staff were helpful and friendly, parking is $15 per night, i hate paying for parking at hotels so although its not a huge amount paying for parking when you paying for accommodation slightly annoys me, you get a free hours wifi on three devices per 24 hours but to pay for 24 hours wifi is only $10, we didn't need to pay as we have our own data. All in all a great stay and i wish all the inner hotels, shops and restaurants all the very best in rebuilding their businesses after the earthquake.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business