Quest Christchurch
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$185
US$106
US$102
US$281
US$228
All reviewscathedral squaregreat locationtram stopeast wingone bedroom apartmentwashing machinecentral locationper daythese apartmentsapartment was cleanregent streetconvenience storesecure parkingwalking distanceserviced dailyafter hoursfree wifi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 August 2009

Great location in Christchurch, tram line runs straight under the hotel and only a 2 mins walk to the centre of Cathedral Square. Nice rooms we had a 3 bedroom apartment that was massive with great views of Christchurch and the distant mountains. Only complaint we booked breakfast and then they stop offering it so we had to fight on the first day to get breakfast but no problems once they figured out what had happened.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank ben88neb
Reviewed 6 April 2009

QUEST CHRISTCHURCH offers aprtment accommodation in large and comfortable rooms, serviced daily, and providing a simple breakfast (cereal + toast + orange juice). They are right in the centre of the city, just 3 minutes from the Cathedral and right next to the atrium (Cathedral Junction) where the trams stop and start. There are plenty of restaurants within an easy walk, and it's effectively right in the main shopping area. The staff are friendly and helpful, and for travellers who don't want the fuss of an hotel this is an ideal choice for a visit to Christchurch.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChrisP62
Reviewed 28 January 2009

I was quite disappointed in the accommodation, it was a studio but felt like a basic hotel room with no cooking or dishwashing facilities. The room was very clean but small, especially the bathroom.

Travelling as a family of 4 we asked for rooms next to one another, although this was arranged there was infact 4 doors to contend with between us. The accommodation has security in which you need to use the fob on your key in the lifts which is peace of mind but then there is another door (for every 2 rooms) to open before you can get to the door of your own room, this was most frustrating.

On checking out the hotel tried to charge us for car parking but there was no mention of this on booking the accommodation. Included in our accommodation package was breakfast but on the 2nd day they did not leave any cereal in 1 of our rooms and no bread for toast in the other room and although they had been into the rooms, they did not make the beds. We did not find the Reception staff to be very helpful and although they listened to our complaint regarding the housekeeping I would be doubtful if any action would be taken.

The hotel was ideally located within the city and on a high level floor we had no noise. The tram was a great way of getting about the city and although was $15 it covered you for 2 days.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank FrodshamDolphin
Reviewed 26 December 2008

We stayed here for 3 nights in Dec 2008. The 3- bedroom apartment is really spacious. There are 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms upstair, and 1 toilet, a large living room, 1 dining area and a large kitchen downstair. The balcony only allow views of the Tram station below as well as the rooms in the West wing of the hotel. The master bedroom has views of Manchester St. The checking-in and -out were done efficiently. The reception staff were friendly and helpful. They even provided us with the big trolley car to transfer our many luggages, without us asking for it. The washer/ dryer is easy to use, but like the other places I stayed in, need more rounds of drying before the clothes were sufficiently dried. There are portable heaters provided to warm up the room too. We found them useful as we have 3 rainy /windy days and quite cold temperature for us. The hotel building and lift must be accessed via card taping, which gives us peace of mind in terms of safety. The hotel is centrally located, close to tram station, free shuttle stop, and plenty of fast food, chinese food and western food restaurants. Overall, we were very happy with our stay, and would readily recommend it to others.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank WoodlandsSingapore
Reviewed 29 September 2008

We came to NZ for a couple of weeks and spent our last two nights in Christchurch - we selected the Quest apartment because we wanted to stay somewhere special for the end of our holiday.

I booked the bubbly surprise apartment package. When we arrived I was very disappointed. Instead of an apartment I found a basic hotel room without cooking, washing or dishwashing facilities - this is what they call a studio apartment - styled room- but it is really just a very basic, bland hotel room. I was also really disappointed that the 'bottle' of bubbly turned out to be a 200ml bottle, that wasn't chilled (so we could drink it) but left on the bench. Although technically correct, I found the advertising of the 'studio' apartment and 'bottle' of bubbly to be very misleading.

I went to reception and spoke to a staff member there - he was excellent - he listened to my concerns and arranged for us to be moved to another apartment.

I went back to reception to return the keys from the first room and to check whether car parking was included in my package as I had been handed a note to put on the car that had parking charges, and I had booked an accommodation package that included parking. I spoke with the receptionist and she confirmed that parking was included.

We found the apartment to be clean, spacious and we enjoyed the central location. It is frustrating to have so many doors to open to get in and out, and they have this ridiculous noisy fan in the bathroom that stays on for 10 mins after you turn off the lights. It's quite annoying.

Our stay at Quest Christchurch was soured by the rudeness of a Front Office staff member at the time of checkout. We put our luggage in the car and I went to return the keys. I was asked to pay for car parking. I explained that I thought car parking was included in the package. I was advised that it wasn't included in the package and needed to be paid before I could leave. I explained that I had checked with the receptionist and she confirmed that it was included in the package. The staff member rolled her eyes at me and then made a sarcastic comment like 'well then it is included'. I was stunned by her behaviour, her lack of customer service skills and her lack of basic respect. I wrote to the Manager of Quest Christchurch and haven't heard anything in over a week (other than 'thanks I got your email') . It is a great, central location, but be warying of what you book because I found that all is not as it seems.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Helen097