“Heritage Rooms!!”

Novotel Christchurch Cathedral Square Hotel
Ranked #19 of 146 Hotels in Christchurch
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 February 2011

We arrived at this hotel earlier then check in time. At first we were assigned to a modern room, I advised the staff I had specifically requested a heritage room. I was then given keys to another room which had not been cleaned. This was not a worry. A quick call to reception. And I was moved to which had to be the best room within the hotel. Having seen 2 different rooms previously, I was quiet happy to have my room. The room was huge!! and each window had a view of the cathedral church There was an entry just outside our room which led to the restaurant and was never noisy.

The king bed was comfy, i slept like a baby and the pillow menu was quiet handy.

The staff at the hotel were super friendly willing to organise activities, car rentals and airport transfers. The hotel provides internet and printing facilities for free.

The amenities were very luxurious and not just a quick fix. I am savouring the exfoliator I brought back home from the hotel like precious gold.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 19 February 2011

The location of this hotel is fantastic. On Cathedral Square and close to plenty of shops and restaurants. The indian restaurant next door is definitely worth a visit. We stayed in an executive room which was tastefully decorated and comfortable.
There were computers available in the lobby giving free access to the internet. Staff were very friendly and helpful. We had breakfast included which was excellent, check out the coffee machine for a morning cappuccino.
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
AussieinCHC, General Manager at Novotel Christchurch Cathedral Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2011

Dear Travelcat097,

Thank you for recently selecting the Novotel Christchurch Cathedral Square as your hotel accommodation option in Christchurch recently and also for taking the time to share your experience with fellow travellers.

Travelcat097, I was delighted to read that that you enjoyed our stunning location as well as our complimentary I mac stations. I was also delighted to read that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet, however most importantly that you found our team to be friendly and helpful.

Thank you once again for choosing to stay at the Novotel Christchurch and I wish you safe and memorable future travels.

A TripAdvisor Member
Auckland
Reviewed 17 February 2011

Fantastic service - nothing a problem - thank you for allowing me early access to my room. The view and location are second to none - I will be back

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 February 2011

My partner and I stayed for one night on the 14th February 2011 to celebrate the last night of our NZ holiday, which also happened to be valentines day. The heritage style room overlooking cathedral square was clean and spacious, and for the reasonable price had everything we needed. The foyer & restaurant are gorgeous. However, it is the staff I am most impressed with. The girls on the front desk were polite and professional. I was pleasantly surprised with the fantastic service given by the luggage porters. The young men were presented beautifully & not only made recommendations for dinner that evening, but went out of their way to make a follow up booking. Nothing was too hard. We did not have to lift a finger - everything was taken care of. Customer service standards above and beyond those of Novotels I have stayed at in Australia. Loved the dressing area with dressing table in heritage room. Beautiful old world charm. I hope that when the rooms are eventually renovated it is done tastefully, maintaining its beauty.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
AussieinCHC, General Manager at Novotel Christchurch Cathedral Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2011

Dear Ihalve10,

Thank you for recently choosing to stay at the Novotel Christchurch Cathedral Square and also for taking the time to share your feedback with fellow travellers.

Ihalve10, I am absolutely delighted that you enjoyed our Heritage rooms, as well as the Square Restaurant and lobby. I was however most pleased to read that our team extended to you the normal high of level of service in which we pride ourselves. We work very hard on our service training and it is great to read that this training is successful. I will certainly share your most generous feedback with our hotel team.

Thank you once again for choosing to stay at the Novotel Christchurch Cathedral Square and I do sincerely hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future.

An Accor traveller
Hong Kong
Reviewed 15 February 2011

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
Sydney
Reviewed 14 February 2011

Great Location & great price......................................................

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 February 2011

My partner and I stayed at the Novotel on the 11th Floor - we booked through wotif.com and got an excellent room rate (I think it was $119NZD a night) - we were on the 11th floor in an executive room. We could not recommend it more - the staff were very friendly, the rooms were modern and clean. And the views of the city and the Cathedral were outstanding. Everything is within walking distance - a number of restaurants and pubs to choose from. Would recommend people try out the Indian Restaurant "Little India" http://www.littleindia.co.nz/locations/christchurch-city - best food we've ever had!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
AussieinCHC, General Manager at Novotel Christchurch Cathedral Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2011

Dear SuzieQ73,

Thank you for recently choosing to stay at the Novotel Christchurch and also for taking the time to share your feedback.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay overall. I was delighted to read that you received a complimentary upgrade and that all our staff were most friendly and that you also enjoyed our central city location.

SuzieQ73, thank you once again for taking the time to share your feedback as well as for staying at the Novotel Christchurch, and we do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the property in the very near future.