“Gorgeous B&B” 5 of 5 bubbles

Gingerbread Lodge Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #35 of 139 Christchurch B&B and Inns
“Gorgeous B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stayed at Gingerbread Lodge for one night at short notice. Miki was so warm and welcoming, nothing was too much trouble & great conversations. We really enjoyed our stay in the King Room. A gorgeous B & B that we thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

I stayed at the Gingerbread Lodge for a night in November '13. It is the most beautiful little B&B, with a very homey and comfy feel to it, with wooden windows and the most comfortable beds it is by far the nicest place I've stayed in a long time. It has a very european feel to it, Miki the owner is the most lovely host, the breakfast with fresh fruits from New Zealand was excellent. The rooms are ensuite with modern, very luxurious bathrooms and just a delight to stay in. For anyone from europe looking for something very nice, homey, safe and friendly it is the perfect place to stay. You might just not want to go anywhere else anymore:) I will recommend it highly to a friend who runs a german travel website.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Doro7
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

I stayed at the gingerbread lodge for several weeks while looking for a permanent place to live when I first moved over from the UK. Miki (the owner) and her partner (Nathan) were incredibly welcoming, accommodating and supportive while I was trying to get settled and find my way about Christchurch.

The lodge feels more of a home than a B&B, with tastefully decorated rooms, lots of space and clean and well kept en-suites.

As well as a selection of breakfast options in the morning, they were also happy for me to use the cooking facilities in the evening which was a massive help so I didn't have to eat out every night.

Really enjoyed my time here and would recommend it for anyone who is looking for a nice, homely place to stay

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Newbury Park, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

It was fortunate to meet Miki. She is a type of person who is so caring and devotive. She didn't hesitate to carry heavy suitcases to upstairs by herself. She picked us up early in the morning at our hotel. She checked the information we needed. She even called people and asked for us.
I wish my daughter-in law was like her. Anyway, I felt so comfortable and close to her family which made me feel I found another home.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thousand Oaks, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

Our family stayed at Gigerbread Lodge on 10/17/2013, but even prior to staying there we befriended the hosts, Miki and Nathan, and they were super friendly and very nice to us. Miki was especially extremely helpful, and she drove us around the city - i.e. she drove my mother to the dentist and my sister to her general practitioner **Note, this was before our stay**. My sister was applying for her working holiday visa, and we asked Miki if she could stay there for a while, and Miki took us to the photographer for her pictures and the immigration office - we were in awe of her service. There is also a very cute dog whose name is Kou, so if you like dogs, you'll even be welcomed by him :) Anyways, my sister is currently staying there with Miki, and she is having a blast! She watches movies with Miki and Nathan, and Miki even took her to the beach nearby. The accomodation comes with breakfast and dinner option, but I would definitely recommend taking on that option! Miki is a professional, certified cook, and we tasted her dishes - they were all marvelously delicious! Her expertise is Japanese style, but you can ask for other styles also. Oh, btw, she happens to be a nurse, so in case of emergency, you're all covered! :) I would definitely recommend anyone going to Christchurch to stay at Gingerbread Lodge (I know I would, I even have plans going back hehe), or even call or visit Miki if you need some kind of travel assistance. I know she is a busy person, so she wouldn't be able to accomodate all your needs (we happend to be there when the lodge wasn't too busy), but I know Miki will be very willing to help you and make your stay as pleasant as possible! AAA+++ rating, must stay accomodation!

Room Tip: My sister is staying on the second floor, and her room is the best! It is nice and cozy, and also br...