Denton Park Motel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Christchurch
See available hotels
  • Bar/Lounge
Belle Bonne Motel(Christchurch)
Coachman Motel(Christchurch)
View Hotel
All reviewsmain roadclose to shopswould stay againunitsmotelbedcurtainshosts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 July 2013

We didn't plan to stay at this hotel but we drove past and it looked nice so we booked in for the night. We arrived later in the afternoon and were greeted by a male (I assume the owner). He was very helpful and welcoming. The motel location is great, close to several food and shopping outlets. I didn't even notice the road noise considering how close the motel is to the road. Easy parking and some complimentary internet were all nice features. The room we stayed in was spacious, which made the room more comfortable.

There were a couple of things I didn't like. The first was the fact the heating turned off after 60 minutes. I'm all for saving energy but it was winter and I kept waking up through the night freezing and having to turn back on the heating for another hour and so on. I also found the bed hard and woke up with a sore back (but perhaps that is just personal preference).

Happy Travels!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Blair and Shona made my stay at the Denton Park a really great experience. The room was so clean and Tidy and lovely decor... Very quiet even tho is on a main road. They printed out directions to a restaurant and placed them in my room for me. It is within walking distance of the HUB mall and Dress Mart and Supermarkets. I would have no hesitations in recommending the Denton Parka and if / when I travel to Christ Church again this is top of my wish list.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Denton Park is the first motel as you come into Christchurch and I had seen a photo on the internet - so was easy to find - though the trees obstruct he signage a bit. WE were booked in a Studio King-upstaris on the main road We are rural and not used to raod noise but didnt find it to be a problem - they had hush glass and as long as you didnt have a window open- most noise was kept out. The unit was very clean, small corner shower and comfy King bed. Location was a big plus for us. We walked to the supermarket for food supplies ( a few minutes) and it was easy to get to / from our chosen distinations as they were on the south side of Christchurch. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle R
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Very friendly staff, great location and very clean rooms. Easy to find with good links to all the main roads in Christchurch. Good parking too, great place if you have business in the Hornby part of Christchurch.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2012

We decided to stay in this motel on our last few days in New Zealand. It is 10 min drive to the airport, and most importantly within walking distance, there is The Hub Hornby (a mall), PaknSave supermarket, Dressmart Factory Outlet Centre, Mitre (home/outdoor-fix warehouse) and Countdown supermarket. It is also located 5 min drive to the Air Force Museum. The area around this motel is not as busy as in Riccarton or the city centre.

The rooms at Denton Park are serviced daily. We had the 1 bedroom apartment, equipped with a kitchenette and a big bathroom. Self-service laundry (less than NZ$10 for 1 load of wash, dry and soap) is also available within the motel premises.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family