Unfortunately when we arrived, Merivale Manor had overridden our booking with another booking and had us as arriving the next day even though we had confirmed our booking by phone three days earlier. Management were very apologetic but we were put accross the road at Merivale Apartments into a 3 bed unit - this place is really noisy with alot of traffic noise!
When we did get into Merivale Manor, we were happy with the family unit, it is nice and quiet and has good kicthen facilities.
The family unit: one open plan room with a queen bed and a seperate single bed. We had plenty of room for the cot also.
Although it is clean, the condition of the place is average, it could do with a good sugar soaping up high in the bathroom and there are gaps under the main door to outside and in the bathroom that all sorts of creatures could get in. A bit of a paint and freshen up would do this place wonders before it becomes tired.
Location is brilliant, a short walk to Merivale mall which has bars and eateries, supermarket and some clothes shops..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Merivale Manor, Christchurch. Originally built in the 1880's, Merivale Manor comprises 10 elegant & luxurious Studio, 1 & 2 bedroom suites. The Manor has been completely renovated in late 2014, following repairs from superficial earthquake damage, and is in pristine condition. A further 8 spa studio units are situated in front of the Manor, with 7 chic 3bdrm townhouse apartment accommodation ideal for families and travelling executive groups directly across the road. Situated at 122 Papanui Road, Merivale, Christchurch and reasonably priced, the Manor is in a great location, close to the Merivale village with its premier shopping, restaurants, cafes and bars. We are conveniently close to St Georges & Southern Cross & Nurse Maud Hospitals, St Andrews, Rangi Ruru, St Margaret's and Selwyn House schools. A 20min wander (or a 5min drive) will get you to the city centre and a short stroll to Christchurch's beautiful Hagley Park, golf course and Christchurch Casino. Merivale Manor is within easy access by car, taxi or bus to AMI Stadium, CBS Canterbury Arena , Railway Station, Christchurch's International and domestic Airport and an ideal base for your Christchurch and Canterbury visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Merivale Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Merivale Manor Christchurch
- Merivale Manor Hotel Christchurch