Stayed here twice on our road trip with my parents - our first day and last day in NZ.
I don't really know where to start - it was just an awesome and refreshing experience!
I have stayed in Christchurch on number of occasions and this has been the best accommodation by far! I have got a really friendly email from Wayne & Karen before our arrival, making arrangements to suit our ridiculously late arrival from Melbourne. In the morning, we've been given extra time before check out so we can have a little lie in and catch up on our sleep. Rooms were spacious, beautifully decorated, full of character and sweet little touches. Very comfortable bed.
On our second stay, yet again we've arrived really late but this time Stella from the reception was actually waiting for us and even stayed behind to arrange for the payment as we had to leave very early to catch our flight.
I love NZ for it's beautiful nature and genuine, friendly, hospitable people - Merivale Manor doesn't disappoint!
Can't wait to return, keep on the amazing work and your smiles - you are making a difference. Priceless!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Merivale Manor, Christchurch. Originally built in the 1880's, Merivale Manor comprises 10 elegant & luxurious Studio, 1 & 2 bedroom suites. The Manor has been completely renovated in late 2014, following repairs from superficial earthquake damage, and is in pristine condition. A further 8 spa studio units are situated in front of the Manor, with 7 chic 3bdrm townhouse apartment accommodation ideal for families and travelling executive groups directly across the road. Situated at 122 Papanui Road, Merivale, Christchurch and reasonably priced, the Manor is in a great location, close to the Merivale village with its premier shopping, restaurants, cafes and bars. We are conveniently close to St Georges & Southern Cross & Nurse Maud Hospitals, St Andrews, Rangi Ruru, St Margaret's and Selwyn House schools. A 20min wander (or a 5min drive) will get you to the city centre and a short stroll to Christchurch's beautiful Hagley Park, golf course and Christchurch Casino. Merivale Manor is within easy access by car, taxi or bus to AMI Stadium, CBS Canterbury Arena , Railway Station, Christchurch's International and domestic Airport and an ideal base for your Christchurch and Canterbury visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Merivale Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Merivale Manor Christchurch
- Merivale Manor Hotel Christchurch