Clearview Lodge
Rendezvous Hotel Christchurch(Christchurch)
US$114
US$97
  • Restaurant
Argyle on the Park(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
US$87
Hotwire.com
Merivale Manor(Christchurch)
US$116
US$110
All reviewspinot noirb bchristchurch areanew zealandperfect hostsolive orcharduseful advicebeautiful propertybreakfasts were greatgenerous hostsbefore heading homeperfect endshort drivelarge roomclose to the airporta great place to staycity centre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I stopped off for two nights while on a work trip, wanting to be out in some country air. Excellent place, very tidy and well organised, and the setting, while not dramatic for a visitor from abroad, was beautiful. The garden itself is worth being in. Very kind hosts too. Thanks.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Enjoyed a fantastic stay at this beautiful estate home with the perfect hosts Sue and Robin. The grounds were amazing with the vineyards, olive tree groves and wonderful gardens, and the bedroom was lovely and provided a great night's sleep. Breakfast the next morning was delicious too - an overall wonderful NZ B&B! Highly recommended!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Robin and Sue were very accommodating. Showed us to our room with a beautiful view with a beautiful view of the grounds (including flower gardens and orchards), had menus available for local restaurants and a beautiful lounge area where guests could gather for a glass of wine or beer. Sue even offered to drive us and the other guests to the restaurants we chose so we didn't have to drive which meant we could take in more wine! And, they arranged for a local guide to give a tour of Christchurch on very short notice. Breakfast was wonderful with hot and cold options - wished we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2013

This B&B was so conveniently close to the airport, had no idea but made coming an going so relaxing. Our hosts were warm and friendly and so helpful in helping us find our way around. You most take a tour of their beautiful gardens and vineyards. They have olive trees, walnut trees, chestnut trees, etc etc. It was so interesting just to see all they do an it was so beautifully done. Our rooms where big and first class. One of our nicest stays in NZ. We were very glad we paid the extra an stayed with them. A perfect ending to our vacation.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Suzan and Robin were very hospitable even before I set foot in their B&B. I had questions that I emailed them and in that email, I mentioned a tour I reserved. Suzan actually called the tour company, confirmed my pick-up time and made sure I had time for breakfast ( included) and sent me all that in an email before I left USA.. She also took me on a tour in her amazing garden and vineyards. I highly recommend you accept her invitation for the tour. It is amazing. The room itself was very clean with all the amenities you find in any 5 stars hotels. I was also invited to use the guests living room and library. Waking up and seeing the amazing scenery around me was invigorating. I did not want to leave. May be I could have used the helicopter parked in their neighbour's backyard to tour the area. May be next time!

Room Tip: If you are planning to bring children, call Robin and Sue first
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends