“comfortable, clean, friendly and helpful owners”
Review of Middlepark Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Middlepark Motel
Ranked #127 of 146 Hotels in Christchurch
Reviewed 12 March 2011

This motel on the outskirts of Christchurch (no earthquake damage!) is within easy reach of the airport. It is located in spacious grounds and shops (including supermarket) are all within walking distance. Perfect stop before starting to tour South Island or good overnight before flying home from Christchurch Airport. We stayed there for 2 nights before flying home after a holiday in South Island as we had been unable to return to our city hotel because of the quake. The owners Sue and Vaughan were very helpful to us when we had a specific problem connected with the quake and we willl never forget their kindness.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 February 2011

This was the third time we have stayed here. Always drawn back by the peace and quiet after a busy day town and around. Spotlessly clean, great personal service. Everything we needed. Car park immediately outside. No stairs. Only 10 minutes from Westfield/Riccarton Mall. Easy access out on to main highways North, East, West or South.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2011

We are staying at middlepark motel due to earthquake repairs on our house.Its a great place for families to stay due to the playground and walking distance to the library.Lovely and quiet at night time its a home away from home for the kids.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2009

I chose Middlepark Motel as I needed a pet friendly motel and the motel I usually stay in was unfortunately full.

At Middlepark I found the booking was efficient and friendly, the greeting on arrival also efficient and friendly. The room (unit 9) was a bit dated and I feel the kitchen is in desperate need of a redo, however my initial impressions was that everything was clean. However when I sat on the floor to complete the paper's crossword I found the carpet coated in what appeared to be the hairs from 4 different types/colors of dog or cat which grossed me out somewhat. Either the carpet hadn't been vacuumed for quite some time or the vacuum has serious suction issues.

While the bed was comfortable, when I woke the next morning I found my face had puffed up and my eyes almost closed. I don't usually suffer from pet allergies but something in the room had triggered an attack.

So I shan't be staying at Middlepark again, nor can I recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed: August 2009
1  Thank WLnz
Reviewed 25 September 2006

We have stayed at the Middle Park motel several times. While I cannot rave about it's ambience, we have found it a very user friendly place to stay with children. As it's name suggests, Middle Park's motel units are arranged around a large open space with a good range of childrens play equipment and enough space to play ball games. This is unusual in NZ motels.They also allowed us to bring our dog.
There is a swimming pool complex next door, and a small shopping centre with dairy and take aways.The motel units themselves are a little tired but clean and well equipped. If you're travelling by public transport it's a way to the city centre, but on a bus route.
Dunedinite.