Ways to Experience Christchurch Cathedral
from US$60.89
from US$250.72
from US$90.79
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 September 2019

It was very sad to see such a lovely building in this state awaiting restoration.
I had not had the pleasure to see it in its glory.
It was sad to see all the open spaces with the birds roosting and adding to the destruction. Just extra things to do when the renovation starts.
I cant wait to see it in all its glory when it is restored. It is a much see when in Christchurch, even it its present state. It is a vivid reminder of the power of nature.

Reviewed 9 September 2019

A proud structure a waiting restoration, it was sad looking at it in its current form, a sombre reminder of the destruction created in the earth quakes. A must although a sad visit.

Reviewed 6 September 2019

I visited the cathedral many years ago and saw pictures on the news right after the earthquake. But nothing prepared me for the damage that had been done to this landmark that is so much Christchurch. I truly hope it is rebuilt in the near future so it can once again represent the wonderful city and people of Christchurch.

Reviewed 29 August 2019 via mobile

I'm not from Christchurch, but have come here for a holiday and to see the Cathedral building and it's damage. I understand some would like to restore and others pull it down! I would like to see it left as it is. A reminder of the history and the damaging power of the Christchurch quake. But would remove the solid fence and replace with heavy perspecs or glass for public safety. And if it falls down in 15 or 40 years then so be it. But it's not my city so my opinion should be not heard as loud as those from Christchurch. It does give the likes of us new to Christchurch an insight to the destruction and terror you guys must have gone through, and the enormous task to rebuild the city

Reviewed 26 August 2019

We were completely shocked by what we saw...and felt immense sadness...for both the city and the people of the Cathedral.